Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

with they skills you've learned so far, I'd say all you'd have to do is figure out how to piece a wallet together and you'd be just fine.

I'd also say to hold of selling anything for a while. I know it's tempting, but you should keep learning and making things.

shit, comparing obbis wallet to mine is an insult(to his) i wouldn't dream of selling any of my hood-made shit. in a while i'll be whipping up some TEAM RVA belts for lendo and tv shooter, but those will be gifts. i'll be lucky if i can get them to rock em.

Hey guys!

This is absolutely not meant to be an advertisement at all, so mods, please tell me if i have to adjust my phrasing or anything here. I just want to share with yall.

I'm trying a personal lifestyle transformation of sorts, something I've wanted to do for a long time. There's a whole bunch of things that I'm doing, but the one i'm most excited about is a 100 day project.

Basically I'm making one piece a day for 100 days. I'll try my best to post them all here, but in my blog you can see every piece and read more about the project. This is on top of a ton of other work, so it's going to be interesting, but i think it's going to be really fun and a great way to push out some new, creative ideas.

There are more details in my blog here: http://corterleather.com/online-journal/

again, I started everything here, and I'm really hoping it's ok that I share it with you all. Maybe others will try something similar?

Thanks! Are you back from your travels? How was it all?

I do have to say I'm getting nervous, because it's 1 thing a day on top of a lot of other things I make every day, but I think it's going to get me very focused, which is one of the main goals.

Thanks! Are you back from your travels? How was it all?

I do have to say I'm getting nervous, because it's 1 thing a day on top of a lot of other things I make every day, but I think it's going to get me very focused, which is one of the main goals.

Yeah, I just got back from a month of visiting friends and hitchhiking all over Washington and Oregon. It was a great time. I had hoped to be out longer, but the weather on the coast is NASTY at night. Next time I'll go in late summer, I think.

Right now I'm trying to scheme up some new designs, and I think I may attempt to learn to use a sewing machine so that I can make more cloth/leather items.

You can bet i'll be watching closely, Corter's products are amazing and he's being very generous with this sale. I would hate to miss out on possibly purchasing one of his goods at a great price. Could find something that'll last the rest of your life time.

Don't worry, I'll give other's a chance, haha :)

Im only on the lookout for certain items anyway. Got the single loop bracelets and just looking for a small wallet.

And yes, I was F5'ing all day. On my phone, on friends laptops at school, and as soon as I got home. I had been eyeing the bracelets for a while and figured they'd be the first to show up in the sale. Although I didnt think it'd be for a set of 3. That just sweetened the deal :D

^ haha I just want a chance at perhaps a small wallet as well. I guess I gotta be on the lookout as well for corter's updates. Gonna be regularly checking now in university computers, my itouch, my blackberry

So I just tried my hand at some fingerless leather wrap gloves. Was inspired by a few thread on SZ. But wanted something cleaner. They're not done but I think i need to invest in a sewing maching that can handle leather. The lockstitch awl I used worked well because the stitching so far is hidden, but would look terrible exposed for the finishing seams.

Edit: If anyone has an recommendations they're more than welcome.

alright...who got day 2. i literally went to go buy it not more than 30 seconds after the twitter update and i get this:

Sorry, “Day 2 - 2/100” couldn’t be added to your cart because the last one is currently being purchased by someone else

haha. campers!

So I just tried my hand at some fingerless leather wrap gloves. Was inspired by a few thread on SZ. But wanted something cleaner. They're not done but I think i need to invest in a sewing maching that can handle leather. The lockstitch awl I used worked well because the stitching so far is hidden, but would look terrible exposed for the finishing seams.

Edit: If anyone has an recommendations they're more than welcome.

how heavy of leather? if it's not very thick a good normal sewing machine should handle it just fine (keep extra needles available)

not really a "leathercraft" by my own but maybe an idea to modify or cope ;)

i had a hard time deciding on a wallet wich suits my needs, as i did not want to stick a real bulky one to my ass, so i came up with this idea:

web.jpg?ver=12699877190001

web.jpg?ver=12699877240001

web.jpg?ver=12699880720001

just stanced a hole and inserted an 4,5mm eyelet- rivet (did the same on the backside for those two pre-made holes - looks a lil nicer, imo) works beautifully for me, without the bulk of a "big" wallet.

As a nice side effect the rm kids wallet is small enough to be carried in a front jeans pocket when riding a motorbike, horse or whatever. The chain then is attached in a reverse order of course,... ;)

All the awesome pieces in this thread has inspired me to get back into leathercrafting - it was my thing when I was in Cub Scouts 15+ years ago.

The next time I visit my parents I'm going to have a dig through their basement and see if I can find any of the stuff I did back then; I wonder if being buried under Legos and TMNT action figures gave any of it a unique patina.