Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

This pencil bag that I stitched together for school is definitely not leather, but it's a creation, so I guess I'll share it here.

Made out of left over Levi's 501 STF denim, a beltloop, and a redtab, with pale yellow cotton thread.

DenimPencilBag005.jpg

DenimPencilBag008.jpg

I'm a messy worker

DenimPencilBag004.jpg

Sorry for the large pictures!

I tested out some new leather dye colors the other day. There's black along the bottom, British Tan on the left, and Cordovan on the right. The British Tan is the perfect rich mid-brown, and the Cordovan is a dark brown with red undertones. I'm looking forward to using them!

leatherssm.jpg

In person, it's definitely not black. Very dark brown with noticeable red undertones.

Bought myself half a cow today...

cowk.jpg

It was about $65 on sale, which was really the only reason I bought that much! The thing is at least 7ft long. I also bought a strap cutter so I can start cutting belts from it. This was definitely the nicest side that they had.

You should turn the "2" brand into a side of wallet... might look cool.

I'd like to use it for something, but not sure what. It's 10 oz leather, so way too heavy for wallets.

It was about $65 on sale, which was really the only reason I bought that much! The thing is at least 7ft long. I also bought a strap cutter so I can start cutting belts from it. This was definitely the nicest side that they had.

I'd like to use it for something, but not sure what. It's 10 oz leather, so way too heavy for wallets.

where is it from? tandy?

Yep, the one closest to me. They are having a decent sale on some of their veg-tanned leathers this month.

Here you go, chief.

grain.jpg

First using the British tan, I went a little too dark (top), and dyed another a little lighter (bottom).

tans.jpg

The leather I got is about 10oz, which is plenty thick for belts. The tandy shop near me also sells pre-cut belt blanks, which might possibly be a little thicker, bit I haven't compared them. I don't know that I'd want to stitch anything thicker than 10oz!

Here's a new thingamajobber:

4507970985_dc60950191.jpg

4508610846_ace4235a1d.jpg

There's a card slot on each side, and then space for cash in the middle. Perfect for the minimalists.

I keep trying to design simpler and simpler pieces, since I never carry more than a few cards and a few bills. I hate carrying change and a heap of receipts like some people tend to.

mmmm day 10.5 :D

sorry for me posting this every where

4509044546_ab5532366f_b.jpg

I was just about to post the pic of mine too!

Congratz on getting the second one! I got the first one :D Keep me posted on the wear bro.