Self Edge x Flat Head

Dam Its Johnny

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got a good mental visual of how creepy this conversation between two denim enthusiasts would be in person.

"damn dude, your crotch is getting worked so much faster than mine."

here's another shot of these in thailand..

thaiLarge.jpg

sunny day in korea:

IMG_3165Large.jpg

korean grocery store:

IMG_3174Large.jpg

not too many pics of these in vietnam. unfortunately i went 5 days without them because the tailor couldnt repair them in time for my tour :|

Wow, repairs look good, is it possible to get a wider/further out shot like the last few except not inside out? Just wondering how the stitching job looks as a whole...

Thanks for the updates! Makes me excited and wondering how your pair will turn out in a few months.

heres the sz 29 pair i bought from midnight - before he decided to sell his sz 28 ;)

i like the fit somehow, but i agree with him that the top block is kinda boxy - i might have needed a 28, too. my sz29 310s were kinda tight in the waist and thighs in the beginning, so i thought a 29 might work.

now im torn between just selling them and waiting for the new selfedge/fh collab or washing them at 40 or even 60 degrees and then putting them in the dryer. im not sure but i think midnight only did a short hot soak and let them hang dry, so that might just do the trick. if the thighs shrink a little more its ok, but i really want the crotch/ass bulge to go away.

Edited by Agent Orange

The ass bulge is one of the main reasons I sold em. I used boiling water and hot water and did about a 1 hour soak, then let them hang dry. Maybe you should toss em in the wash and see if they'll shrink down anymore. Still, they look much better on you than they ever did on me. I wouldn't worry too much if they didn't shrink down a surprising amount. Good luck!

heres the sz 29 pair i bought from midnight - before he decided to sell his sz 28 ;)

i like the fit somehow, but i agree with him that the top block is kinda boxy - i might have needed a 28, too. my sz29 310s were kinda tight in the waist and thighs in the beginning, so i thought a 29 might work.

now im torn between just selling them and waiting for the new selfedge/fh collab or washing them at 40 or even 60 degrees and then putting them in the dryer. im not sure but i think midnight only did a short hot soak and let them hang dry, so that might just do the trick. if the thighs shrink a little more its ok, but i really want the crotch/ass bulge to go away.

well see for yourself, pics are a bit weird though because i had to hold the mirror.

i actually don't think it looks that bad. im sure it'll look a lot better once the denim starts to soften up.

Hm.. I just read through almost this entire thread and did some searching...

It seems like most people had the jeans comfortable/loose presoak then shrank to fit.

Did anyone have a pair of the 16oz indigo which were tight in the waist both pre and post soak? How much did they stretch out after a couple months? more than 1 inch past raw waist measurement?

Trying to figure out how much stretch is in the flat head 16oz denim, thank you. I got my 14oz 3xxx denim to stretch a bit over 1 inch in the waist past raw measurements, should I expect similar results from this denim?

Thanks for any help.

Yoyoing Superstar (and Sufu member/close friend/design genius) Mark Montgomery was on CBS's nationwide news program this morning, straight up wearing the SEXFH05.

BfOHiA4_nPU