Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

chucks vintage is in F&E as well?

i'm going to lookout for this lightning issue at my local kinokuniya. damn, the library of unreadable material keeps growing... :o

Actully I think they were in F&E Two consecutive months. First Madeline was featured (first American Women ever, or so I'm told), then the next month, her husband Chuck was featured!

Actully I think they were in F&E Two consecutive months. First Madeline was featured (first American Women ever, or so I'm told), then the next month, her husband Chuck was featured!

props to madeline and chuck... :)

i foresee a bit of expenditure at the kinokuniya japanese section this month

i dont know how i missed this thread, im actualy ignoring, then again i always do, the half time show, to read all of this. God i really want to get my hands on a copy of this magazine, its seems like something that i could appreciate. i love learning about teh obscure brands and seeing teh subtle differances that each of them offer.

i dont know how i missed this thread, im actualy ignoring, then again i always do, the half time show, to read all of this. God i really want to get my hands on a copy of this magazine, its seems like something that i could appreciate. i love learning about teh obscure brands and seeing teh subtle differances that each of them offer.

If you have time to head up to Self Edge they had copies up there dude.

I think it'd be really cool if we could get translations of each page and create an online reference, especially for the encyclopedia portion of the indigo master issue. I'd be more than happy to begin scanning each page in the book if those who would could translate would be willing to submit translations for each page.

Chicken, any new & interesting pics in this new issue? I'm just wondering how they could come up with other stuff that weren't covered by the recent issue prior to this one.

there are overlaps in articles and products after a while if you keep buying every lightning magazine issues. but this issue features some new items from certain denim makers (like a shrink-wrapped limited edition jeans from denime), as well as features of different vintage denim and clothes collectors. which, are all interesting to me.

• 2 weeks later...
isn't there a kinokuniya in san jose?

Kinokuniya San Jose Store

685 Saratoga Ave., San Jose, CA 95129

phone: 408-252-1300/ fax: 408-252-2687

Store hours: 9:00am - 8:00pm

e-mail:[email protected]

thanks for the info chicken, i just contacted them and they said that they are not getting it till sometime next week.

isn't there a kinokuniya in san jose?

Kinokuniya San Jose Store

685 Saratoga Ave., San Jose, CA 95129

phone: 408-252-1300/ fax: 408-252-2687

Store hours: 9:00am - 8:00pm

e-mail:[email protected]

thanks for the info chicken, i just contacted them and they said that they are not getting it till sometime next week.

that's usually about how long it takes for them to get some copies from another branch in the US. when they have to get something shipped directly from japan, they get a bunch of shipment at once, about once a month.

that's usually about how long it takes for them to get some copies from another branch in the US. when they have to get something shipped directly from japan, they get a bunch of shipment at once, about once a month.

i went here. the service is terrible they wouldn't even help me. they looked for a few seconds and then gave up. i didnt see it there but i will check again. i only found other lightning mags

Just got the newest issue of Lightning (Flat Head Special Issue) at Self Edge if anybody needs one..

$20.. email or call us if you need one...

DSC01460-758604.JPG

DSC01461-1-758622.jpg

Ahlvahroe not sure if you stopped by since you last posted about it, but I was in Kinokuniya Sunday in San Jose and they had both the Indigo Master issue as well as the 2008 New Denim Style issue.

Ahlvahroe not sure if you stopped by since you last posted about it, but I was in Kinokuniya Sunday in San Jose and they had both the Indigo Master issue as well as the 2008 New Denim Style issue.

they now stock quite a bunch of them at asahiya sawtelle store. they must've been real surprised at how many issues sold. :D