Sign in to follow this  
onemancult

Uniqlo S/S 08

I picked up the air rider`s jacket in black today, I wish they had it in beige, but anyways....It is really fitted and nice looking one, good quality and construction for the price !

Can I get some more info on the gingham shirts? Long sleeve or short? What was the fit like if you tried it on? Thanks.

They had long sleeves in. Didn't try them on, but the cut was similar to the flannels from winter; size down for a more fitted look but still a bit too wide bodied. That's just from looking at it though, fit may be different once you put them on.

I don't know if the following info has been posted yet. I can't be assed to read thru the entire thread.

2008 S/S Designer Inviation Project

Womenswear

Alexander Wang -*http://www.alexanderwang.com/

Juliana Jabour -*http://www.julianajabour.com.br/

Menswear

Timothy Hamilton -*http://www.tim-hamilton.com/

and another one (forgot)

loden dager is also doing the menswear invitational.

that's the name

i was trying to think of

ive never seen any pieces by loden dager

im surprised at how unknown they are around here...

imagine NDG with more of an outdoorsman/nature theme, at half the price, and

usually twice the quality.

half of them came from marc jacobs right? their shit isn't bad.

its a pretty big team, im not sure if it was exactly half...

they make nice things and they just recently won the ecco domani menswear award.

expect more big things from them this year.

so i found the single breasted coats, they are the "air protection overcoat" with a buttoned in lining. slightly pricey at 130 but a nice clean fit. cotton / poly / nylon blend for water resistance. black / navy / beige, meant to be worn over a jacket so size down if you won't be wearing it that way

It's weird, I know and went to school with Alexander Wang and now I'm going to see his stuff sold world wide in Uniqlo.

If you're bad at dressing yourself, you could do a lot worse than imitate the uniqlo catalog.

This is a good point. The looks, for the most part, are pretty fresh but I think it's hard for us to get any inspiration from them because we've already seen where they're all coming from.

i got one of those riders jackets as well in grey. my friend also remarked that it looked like a members only jacket...

nice. but it has a nice clean look to it. so i went for it. the field jacket wasnt very impressive imo in person.

Alexander Wang will be turning out a capsule collection for Uniqlo as part of their Designer Invitation Project. Another rumored collaborator is Brazilian designer Juliana Jabour, while Tim Hamilton and Loden Dager have been confirmed for spring.

They had the Casette Playa T's in stock today-Did NY ever get those before, or was it just super delayed?

Nothing new for spring except a short cotton field jacket and some western style shirts (kinda boxy and ugly)

that advance picture of the london UT didn't include the peter saville one, possibly a leftover idea from his "game over" campaign for yohji yamamoto in 1991? anyway, i got a chuckle out of it.

i don't know how to link images from the uniqlo site so here's the link:

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/t-shirts-and-polos/78483-black-bachelor-paradise-by-peter-saville

Alexander Wang will be turning out a capsule collection for Uniqlo as part of their Designer Invitation Project. Another rumored collaborator is Brazilian designer Juliana Jabour, while Tim Hamilton and Loden Dager have been confirmed for spring.

I just have a feeling Hamilton and Loden Dager's collections for Uniqlo aren't going to look that 'different' from standard Uniqlo.

Alexander Wang's on the other hand will probably fly off the shelves!

ive seen some of the loden dager for uniqlo range. i think that it will be pleasing.

we can afford to be a little lazy, as i dont think loden dager has the same cachet as cloak did... but at the same time, there was some nice shirting and outerwear that i'd

probably head there the first day for.

sorry i missed you this weekend-- visiting a sick friend upstate.

don't know if its been mentioned but i passed by today and they had a bunch of new skinny denumz. they're a lot like last years except softer.

from left to right: dark gray, light blue, khaki, olive, red

uniqlo001.jpg

black and light grey:

uniqlo002.jpg

dark grey, light blue and khaki:

uniqlo003.jpg

olive and red:

uniqlo004.jpg

the light blues are really interesting. the pictures don't do it justice. the color looks like a mix of light blue, lavender and light grey. really bright in person.

any poplin parkas yet?

must cop the light blues .. how much ?

ervells doin em for ss08 in a more pastel blue colour but these will do till that drops.

wow. hello, on-trend like whoa. getting a pair. should be 50 bones as far as i remember

their pricing.

yeap,

it always hangs around 50

the olive ones look :cool:

quick question though,

i bought some uniqlo denim last month and had trouble finding any sizing smaller than 29 in the men's section

is this normal?

i had to snag a pair from the women's section real quick and would like to avoid unnecessary embarassment for my next trip