australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

my sissy p coat weighs ~2kg, yurius leathers weigh upwards of 1kg as well (Tyler mentioned the lamb leather cowl neck weighs an absolute ton and is very substantial too). speaking of heavy jawns it's finally getting cold enough around here to start busting them out!

I guess it's primarily because they aren't trying to encourage internet sales, just give people a heads up that fresh jawns are in.

Not quite cold enough for my ccp coat yet, was a bit too toasty while wearing it this morning.

Interwebs enabled phone is awesome/distracting. Android browser isn't bad either haha.

I guess it's primarily because they aren't trying to encourage internet sales, just give people a heads up that fresh jawns are in.

i feel ya, but with a 1mb pdf i'd be expecting an awesome 10 page lookbook or something. it's ok EM, i still love you, even though i feel bad walking past your store all the time without going in because i know i'll spend hours talking and walk back out empty handed.

work in and politely tell them "I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubble gum"

haha shit fuckin' sucks because i actually go to melb uni so it's completely accessible. i really gotta do this shit.

are their prices steep compared to 'normal rrp'?

The biggest problem you will have is they are too friendly.

too true, I spend far too long in there whenever I drop by. :o

no such thing as rrp for arte povera pand, they're prices are comparable to other stores stocking their labels though. massive relief that the derbz were the right size, was stressing hard before they arrived...

fit pic when it gets cold enough for the coat, it's really heavy so it has to be fairly chilly to wear it. glad I went for the classic derbies too, far nicer shape imo and they are cut longer than the pair EM has in the same size so perfectly comfortable too. haha, sorry mel no luck for you mate. :P

sorry Rob I'm not balla enough to drop $2K on a pair of shoes I don't 100% love. ;) I think the one pair of derbies will be enough for me. hopefully...

god damn flakey flakers! held an item for a week for the guy and messaged him about it a couple of days ago, asked me to give him 24 hours and now isn't replying to my messages. fucking time waster... :mad:

I know the feeling Nick, for some reason I have an urge to build a leather jacket collection again. :o was looking at that black rider on Y, had to remind myself of the things I didn't like about the design (zip that doesn't extend all the way to the bottom, leather too stiff to wear open with the lapels folded down and the collar popped). need more reather though...

Yeah, I really liked the rider + Ann D sweater pairing on CHRIS.

Is Dress-Japan liquidating all their Julius stock or what? I was tempted to get some of the ribbed 80% cotton/20% silk basics at 30% off but I don't think I'd fit into a size 2 for those, so passed on it. Ever owned them Damien? Best material for spring/summer or do you nominate some other blend?

Reather: just look forward to the rest of 2010 :P Who knows, CCP might end up surprising you.

if you could wear the FW09 rider with the collar up and the front folded down like this then I'd cop:

200901%2F04%2F70%2Fc0108170%5F11512860%2Ejpg?10de5a41fa6d27840a723ca0c33aadf3

end of season sales Nick. ribbed basics aren't a good choice for spring summer at all, too warm mang. ;) blend isn't as nice as cotton cashmere either imo, even their regular ribbed cotton tees were finer and softer than their cotton silk pieces. not a fan of the v-neck or funky seams on this season's basics either...

heh, seriously doubt there'll ever be a sissy p leather for me man. if this is included in the _7 mid winter collection I'd probably cop:

01.jpg

there's always SS11 as well. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input, I feel better about passing on them :D The seams didn't bother me since I wanted black and they're for layering but I agree that they looked really weird on the raw color. Probably give the coming cotton/cashmere l/s or +J l/s a try then. When it's warm here I find myself sweating in the cotton jersey l/s from FW09 sometimes :( I've one from Silent arriving next week or so that cost me like 70 bucks, not like I'd be able to find more at the same price point ever.

Yeah that leather caught my eye as well. Gonna be interesting to see how people react to the FW10 leathers as they have something that appeals to everyone. Red rider, cowl/drape neck, clean classic leather all for lower than previous seasons.

yeah ribbed tees (and even singlets) aren't really ideal for warmer weather, better for layering to keep toasty in the winter. I'll definitely be picking up the cotton cashmere jersey l/s tees, long wait till august though...

haven't tried the +J l/s tees but the s/s tees are decent for the price, some nice little details (semi-raglan back shoulders, stitching details at the hem, curved front seams). I like the fabric of these slim fit tees better, a bit heavier than the +J tees though (had to size up as well as they're quite slim). be interested to hear what you think of the silent tees...

looking back at the collection the mandarin collar is the only leather I'd cop. there's a good reason the leathers this coming season are less expensive than older ones. they all feature a panelled design, therefore they can be made from smaller (and less expensive) pieces of leather. for example the raglan sleeves on their jackets only consist of 2 or 3 pieces of leather, a very long piece of leather is necessary to go from the neck all the way to the wrist which equals $$$.

that said I think the more forgiving cut of the new leather jackets will make them quite popular in the west, the classic corset style cut does limit the body types Julius leathers typically look good on.

Shows you how little I know about dressing for the weather being from KL :o The only barometer I had there was "Does this make me sweat more than usual?" I try to steal inspiration from Sam for summer stuff.

Jes championed the +J l/s and I have a friend going to the region for work in May, so I'm definitely in the market for Uniqlo basics. Those slim fit crew neck tees look good as well and look like they'd work best as a first layer in the colder months due to fit and material.

Julius FW10: agreed with how the western market would welcome the collection with regards to the new cut. Also I feel the new rider and cowl/drape necks will represent an opportunity for those that rarely purchase Julius items to pick one up, kind of like the FW09 rider in red. That might be a good or bad thing (I might be off-base here) because from observation it seemed to me that two items from FW09 tend to appear on supermarket/classifieds less than 4 months after release: the red rider and the tall combat boots. Right now I feel the same vibes coming from some of the more anticipated FW10 pieces.

No issues with the paneled construction and design (I like it best on the wide neck leather and the rider, not as much on the cowl neck) and it's great that a bit of savings are passed down to the consumer.

I wear the slim fit tees with a heattech s/s underneath, neckline is a bit too deep to wear by itself. just ordered some of the +J l/s tees, need some more basic basics and their discounted on uniqlo.jp atm.

yeah I can see what you mean Nick, some of the more gimmicky/over the top pieces get hyped up and people tend to get over them fairly quickly. I did like the red rider quite a bit but the colour did limit it's wearability and those small design issues did irk me (that and it wasn't 100% colour fast...).

I don't mind the panelled construction either, it's a design choice rather than a cost cutting measure as the construction suits the style of jackets. I like that they're doing some quite radically different designs even if they aren't for me, looking forward to seeing the next collections that's for sure. icon14.gif