australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Is there an actual list of what labels EM represents? Their website isn't at all helpful. Was just wondering if there was stuff there besides CCP that was worth a trip over for since Zekka covers most of what I want.

They have got some pieces of _7, guidi, issey miyake, volga volga, avantindeitro, werkstatt, ugo cacciotori here and there. but the main focus are ph, ccp and i6w9 now..

melbourne got other great stores like

assin : ro, ann d, mmm, n(n), kva, undercover, dior, lanvin etc.

cose ipanema : cdg, va, l&f, is, devoa, d&g, dvn etc

left: yohji, dd, gareth, cdg, obscur, fabric interseason, augusta etc

hai guyz. i have tickets to the dilligner escape plan/maylene and the sons of disaster at billboard ont he 19th, but just found out i have my work shift starts at 5am that week. will sell for cheaper than retail if anyone's interested?

I'll be heading to melbourne toward the middle of the year to eat, drink, shop, chill.

what areas would you guys recommend i look for accomodation? near public transport might help, but isnt vital.

Ivans on High visited Melbourne a couple weeks ago, this was his accommodation post, hope it helps.

I ended up booking the Hotel Windsor, they had a pretty good deal on and its nice and close to some good shopping. Looking forward to hitting up the Melbourne supermap.

not so much looking for hotel recomendations (since i'll most likely be slumming it)... just looking for the best/most convenient spot to be situated.

edit: i dunno, it may be a given just to book as close to the cbd or something.. just wondering if you guys have any tips for good areas

Hey people.. Internet has been back up for the past 24 hours been hectic getting everything else sorted.

What a shit week.

Whats news?

*Waiting on my email to be set up, will get back to you Adam asap - have to contact Simone

telstra is the bane of my existence.

good to hear its on the way up BT.

as Ivans said, Telstra = thumbs down. People who use Telstra as their ISP is the equivalent of saying "butt secks, no lube please". BT, Im not saying your ISP is Telstra, but they do have a lot to answer for.

They have got some pieces of _7, guidi, issey miyake, volga volga, avantindeitro, werkstatt, ugo cacciotori here and there. but the main focus are ph, ccp and i6w9 now..

melbourne got other great stores like

assin : ro, ann d, mmm, n(n), kva, undercover, dior, lanvin etc.

cose ipanema : cdg, va, l&f, is, devoa, d&g, dvn etc

left: yohji, dd, gareth, cdg, obscur, fabric interseason, augusta etc

Cheers R. I visited last year but only knew of Assin back then, but damn their service is just way too elitist for me. EM's stocklist on its own is probably worth another trip over. :)

Adding to the +J convo I massively agree. Their shirts are cut very well, in particular the tapered sleeves. Only sad thing is that I only picked up four from Hide. :( And lollers...Benny I got the 'gray' as well that turned out blue. WTF?

i recently dropped by left..

Not alot of exciting things to see, but really nice friendly store.

Met the buyer, christin/kristin, really really lovely lady, who have high regards and respect to competition / other stores in melbourne, esp for Lucy. For this I have new respect for L.e.f.t. Must say she is very knowledgeable as well, I wore ccps and she straight away knew, really in tune with most of the higher end labels discussed in SZ.

The direction of L.e.f.t seems to be changing, heading towards more casual, oversize, voluminous aesthethics - damir doma, yohji, fabrics interseason, etc... all these bespoke labels complement one another very much. Not really mine but always great to see melbourne stores have their own unique direction and voice, bringing the locals so much diversity of fashion forward labels.

Blessing!

PS: They got a m.a+ heavy cotton coat.. amazingness... a big surprise to see m.a+ using nipple buttons instead of buttons/hooks

tyro, maybe it's the labels and the way they buy? I think it's very very unisex.

I believe EM will now overtake that throne of being the largest stockist of m.a+ in southern hemisphere... since EM's buy are always massive. Haven't heard any news m.a+ in EM yet.. these few weeks! Fingers (m.a) crossed

Left .. well she din't mention _7 however... she's more excited in DD. And ah, she is probably aware of the whole proxying thing as well.

telstra is the bane of my existence.

Ditto :\

ride that ombudsman.

I am speaking to them everyday :\ fun times. They understand my hatred for telstra its good.

good to hear its on the way up BT.

as Ivans said, Telstra = thumbs down. People who use Telstra as their ISP is the equivalent of saying "butt secks, no lube please". BT, Im not saying your ISP is Telstra, but they do have a lot to answer for.

My ISP is IINET, but the phone line had to go through telstra or it would of taken an extra week to install, Really hate it :\

haven't visited LEFT for nearly a year now...

just had some random guy come up to me ask where to cop my DBSS coat, told him sorry I picked it up in Japan lulz.

I stopped by left when i was in melbs, the buyer and i met in paris hes a great guy.

Fit pic of coat D, do it !

^ what's worse is if you want naked adsl2+ you need to pay telstra to get a phone line, then pay a disconnection fee just in order to get the copper connected/reconnected to your home. :\

Fit pic of coat D, do it !

too lazy and don't really care enough to do waywt anymore Joe, besides what I'm wearing today isn't exactly exciting (black DBSS coat, white 'qlo l/s and grey T-000's, black sissy p derbz).

I tend not to say lulz and other interweb words irl P ;), I think my exact words were "I picked it up in Japan, sorry mate". had a feeling he was talking about it with his mate as I was walking to pick up something from a cafe, overheard him saying something along the lines of "I think I might be able to pull off something like that, in a larger size of course" haha.

lol @ in a larger size. thats kinda a given when it comes to you D.

i find it odd that I can go out wearing a Julius leather and not get a compliment from strangers. Then you throw on something shit to just get groceries and I get a compliment. the world is weird.

Wept it could also be your demeanor. Some people are just much more approachable looking and have some sort of peaceful aura. And...Julius doesn't give off a peaceful vibe haha.

This one time I was given a flyer on the street by a flyer-handing-out-person. It said. "Wanted, 10 serious people". I lol'd.