australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

^ generally, 43 = 8, 42 = 7, 41 = 6.

never tried the classic derbies before. i suggest u no kop at all damien, until you tried the real thing.. better save the agony of sizing fail and resell. derbies are produced every year anyway..

anyway, got to go back working on stuff that i have been working since morning... :S too much distraction!!

Just thought I would add me 2 cents in here. I am a pretty standard 44 in shoes, and found myself wearing size 10 in CCP derbies and the single lace oxfords (the dipped ones were incredible!). This is despite the fact that I found the size 10 spiral zips (the pair Tyro now has) too big.

I did manage to get a friend to order me a pair from you-know-where (as well as the dope coat), so hopefully my sizing holds true for these derbies also.

your feedback regarding sizing Adam sounds consistent for the derbies, good thing I know So Ang so I could get him to confirm a size 6 would fit me...

need to go back to EM and try on that long high collared coat again...

your feedback regarding sizing Adam sounds consistent for the derbies, good thing I know So Ang so I could get him to confirm a size 6 would fit me...

need to go back to EM and try on that long high collared coat again...

hmm stay away from the 46.. :D

hmm, should i enable d? haha.. i know for a fact there are already some inquiries on the 44..

also. it seems the 2 poly parkas are gone in EM.. noooooooooooooooOoooO! :( and the red boots. maybe.... . . . sigh! gonna miss it already.

I was lead to believe previously that if I was a size 9 in the boots I would be an 8 in the derbies. This as it turned out was not true. I tried on the green/black derbies in a 10, and the dipped oxfords in both a 9 and a 10. The size 9 was a real squeeze, even without the insole, and definitely unwearable.

I was lead to believe previously that if I was a size 9 in the boots I would be an 8 in the derbies. This as it turned out was not true. I tried on the green/black derbies in a 10, and the dipped oxfords in both a 9 and a 10. The size 9 was a real squeeze, even without the insole, and definitely unwearable.

if I am not mistaken, darkland's sole seems to be goodyear sole, so it may not be anything like the ones in EM? As I recall the oxford dripped derbies that you tried are based on the splint sole. (wider)

Ask Campbell to do measurement for the insole before kop.

I can't recall what S-A told me about the single lace derby sizing but he did vaguely say its different sizing than usual poell's footwear.

That doesn't explain why the green/black derby in size 10 fit... god this shit is confusing. I have put a deposit down, but I'll get measurements to be sure.

Also, Pollyanna's Augusta pictures are up on facebook now. The black and white sneaker looks great, though I hope there is an all black version, as that's what I thought I ordered...

haha, we'll see... tbh I'd only be interested in outerwear, leather jackets, derbies and maybe some fingerless leather gloves if he made them in softer kangaroo leather like the womens long gloves. no real interest in the shirting, basics, knits, pants and suiting as the construction is too intricate/delicate for my taste and limits (prevents even) tailoring options. boots still look too cowboy for me, YEEHAW! :P

damien,

leather jkts you definitely need 42. i am a regular 46 and wear all ccp male and female 44 very well. and unfortunately the smallest for male is 44. You need to get a 42 from Fe-male lines for leather jkts..

My ccp 09 nicht suit are lined and constructed traditonally.. Its boring but whatever, it was the only choice I had.. : \

i wan inviseam / taped / object dye suit!!

for me, his knit > LUC

Knit is one of his strength.. I suspect many of his ideas/experimentation spawn from knitting process. like seamless/chainseams etc... not to mention next level texture/weaving in the knits.

yeah, have to wait and see if there is a female leather jacket that is masculine enough with a design I like (the retractable glove jacket is too over the top for me and the womens zipper orientation too obvious as well), and if EM orders a 42 next time of course. prefer more classic suit materials personally, that and I wouldn't be cool with a womens suit haha.

not really a knit person Rob, shit is too delicate and hard to take care of for me. I like LUC knits but 44 is too wide and short for me...