australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

T some of the finishing on my midnight ring has dulled down, however the silver has also started to tarnish and get darker. really like the effect. :cool:

fucking weather, glad I wore chucks today instead of boots as it pissed down when I went out for lunch. CM has a couple of new pieces. a print tee (some subtle feather or flame or something), some check shirts made from cotton broadcloth, and a vest (with ribbon closure lulz).

whats up with the chronicles of never diffusion line, black rain/white noise, at GP? bunch of jeans and some reissues of old CON shoes, prices are the same as the regular line so I dunno wtf is the point of the range.

thanks guys, the images on my site are meant to show only the details and it's more of an abstract/aesthetic representation of the each individual pieces. I have sent new clearer images that showing the whole piece to bt, i'm sure he will replace the old images soon when he is less busy.

Tyro, unfortunately oxidation is never meant to last forever especially when it's a ring which you touch and handle constantly. Our hands produce oil and will eventually rub off part of the oxidation. First it rub off the matte "whitish" part of the oxidation(oxidized silver) and reveal the silver tint underneath. the blackened part of the oxidation is oxidized copper that remains on the surface which usually last rather long. And like all sterling silver, it also darken over the time, especially when the sterling silver is exposed to the atmosphere in the presence of trace amounts of hydrogen sulphide. Therefore, porcelain(and a few other pieces) will never return to their original state.

Midnight and twine rings are different from the others(not the piece I make for D tho). Because they are done by chemical oxidization instead of heat(flame), therefore the process is generally repeatable, which mean you can basically reoxidize the silver back to its original state as many times as you like. I do provide the service for free or you can simply DIY at home ;)

I guess I slowly understand why they aren't many designers do what I did which is focusing on exploring different ways of oxidization and treatments, as it is often too unpredictable and simply don't last. I do sometimes fear what if customer questions the irregularities of my work, but I believe somethings are too beautiful not to share with anyone, although they don't necessary last forever. And let's not forgetting the beauty doesn't end after it's worn and aged with the wearer :)

haha yeah I laughed preety hard. My slacks are the cropped Filippa K version which come down to just below the ankle so when drunk/kicking mini footies/sitting down it got caught up there I guess :-s

It was just the left side so it would've looked even more awkward. personal fashion awareness while drunk fail.

takes a day or 2 to show up and once it has left oz the most accurate tracking would be from their local post website. dw about it dude, I never check tracking on a parcel that I've sent someone. hold onto your receipt just in case but I've never had a missing parcel from a sz/sufu sale regardless of shipping type.