australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

must be, chim's been trying to sell that shirt collared RO leather for $1200 on and off for nearly 6 months now...

was glad that I was able to sell my AW06 julius rider for about $30 more than the price winston sold his to jason for. wonder who the new owner is as jason sold it recently, amazing piece...

yeah, dude wasted about 2 weeks of my time with a series of low balls, delays, ignored pm's and flakes while I was trying to sell the Julius x Gordini jut neck. glad it went to avantster in the end, great guy icon14.gif.

same, I guess 3 months more isn't too bad after wanting it for 18 months though haha.

btw, none of you guys have any recommendations for a cafe racer style leather do you? KKA might be worth looking at when I go to Japan, however if I recall correctly the size 2 fit you well J? fuuma recommended lad musician, hopefully they'll produce one next season but other than those I've considered:

- Julius (moto collar leather is cut larger than the jut neck)

- RO (XS fits too large on me, also flares out at sides when worn open)

- MMM (fits boxy as fuck even in size 42)

- Lithium Homme (leather looks plasticy and cheap, padded shoulders on leather jacket = fail)

- VA (never seen one I liked enough to drop cash on)

- DBSS (runs larger than other japanese brands, never liked the detailing on them)

On a serious note..

http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=IVGJXW2TVTQIICRDSZAE3NQKEOLDO2NC?id=12086665

in size large, in my cart.. can get it proxied.. i randomly went to the site today and was shocked to see a L in stock as it was well gone a couple weeeks ago.

i really should't i have SO much leather coming in august.. it really makes no sense to get it but its dick ovens people.. cant decide :\ probably shouldnt

yeah, pass on the rick. scuba leather looks awkward when worn open in the pics on LVR and looks silly when worn zipped all they way up, also makes you look like you have a bit of a pot haha. ribbed cuffs on pretty much all RO leather puts me off too...

save your money and buy something more unique, gotta represent the labels you're gonna be stocking bt ;).

who says im not stocking RO :cool:

Regarding Paris, depends how busy the show is, Buyers get first preference, but if you contact the rep before the shop and tell them you are from the media in Australia or something else im sure they will let you in if there is room, get to the show early and stand at the front and request for the label rep, 99% chance you will get in. Unless its completely packed out already.

If i go, ill take my camera and get bulk photos for the site.

Agreed on the RO i think i prefer the jackets i have coming anyhow.

you guys are wack.. rick owens leathers are really well made.. that scuba is also on my list of things to get.. it does look good open and closed.

i havnt wanted to say anything, but all this talk about passing on rick and rathering a obscur is crazy. to be totally honest that obscur is hella ugly, and looks cheap to me, in all the pics i've seen, it really looks awkward worn, pulls really weird at the chest-shoulders.

i've inspected my RO leather quite thoroughly, and every single stitch, seam, pocket, dart, is immaculately done. even the lining has darts (which is on the inside and wont ever be seen by anyone, except the wearer). materials like the leather, woven cuffs, 3 different types of lining all feel luxurious.

rick started off as a pattern maker, and you can really tell, every single seam and dart is well positioned. also the factory is probably filled with old people with a load of experience in making garments.

in my opinion there is no way you can choose an obscur over rick owens.

bt, i say go for it.

haha show us ur passion!

I think each to their own in regards to this argument. That particular jacket does look quite weird when only half zipped with that flap thing going all crazy like... but tbh I think it looks amazing when zipped all the way. If you're talking about the tri-zip Obscur I could agree with parts of your comment.

What does everyone think of Chant? I'm talking purely about his looks but there's something so irritating about how he wears his clothes/hair/facial expressions. Interesting but fucking anoyying haha.

That image you posted is one of my biggest wants, but..

I have handled both RO and Obscur jackets. They are very differant, clearly. In saying that the quality of obscur is really amazing, richard is going to be very successful very soon (trust me)

RO is amazing and clearly one of my favorite designers, i do wear alot.

Give it a couple months and there will be a huge discussion and fit pic of obscur, we will go from there.

Chant is a good guy and i think he wears his stuff well for his height. Im 6'4 and i recall looking up at him @ VA viewing.

Plus he just copped the RO sneakers for me, the guys awesome.

I think he pulls it off really well