australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

leather does look incredible on them mel, although I do prefer top-grain leather personally.

that is an amazing coat 50 (it'd wanted to be at a retail price of $2k+ usd haha), I did want it myself although I've heard it's really long and chances are there wouldn't be a size that fits me anyway.

I'm curious to see more fits of the tailored rick pieces off of the runway, haven't been particularly impressed with what I've seen thus far though. unfortunate as I quite like the designs of a few of his coats, all of the outerwear I've seen from other designers for next season has been somewhat mediocre...

i LOVE that coat, waiting to see more fit pics of it. But i'll probably have to buy it. I must be crazy because now $2000+ for a coat seems fine to me. I don't even have that kind of money right now... but when i need it most, It shall come to me, such is the nature of these things i always find.

jbone, FG looks great. How much did it cost you?

Fortunately he had 1 spare in my size and he gave it to me for 1K, but Ben said they retail for $1,500... still not sure of the jeans and tank though

I LOVE your boots melv!! great buy... bt, calm it down your RO's will be with u shortly:D bigtime jealous of you both

mad o/t topic question here, but..

macbook pros. i'm in the market. primarily a desktop replacement, but will see occasional trips to uni, and between residences (perhaps 3/week, if that).

is the 17" really that immobile? it only weights a half-kg more than the 15"..

it's just the fully spec'ed 15 is almost as expensive as the equivalent spec'ed 17..

guess i should give them both a good hard look in person.

decisions, decisions..

home, bt and I bought macbooks each about a month ago. I faced the exact same question, but bt talked me out of it and Im glad he did. I got the fully spec'd 15" model and its great. Everything I need to do can be achieved. Can't see why you may want to spend an extra $500 odd dollars for a larger screen which makes it less portable and that extra 0.5kgs heavier - it may sound small but it makes a big diff. my two cents.

I had this same decision to make. The 15' is perfect for me, but I carry it around with me everyday. If you are replacing a desktop and won't be taking it to uni THAT much, then the 17' would be a good choice. Really depends how much you want to transport it around with you.

i still dont get why people by macbooks over cheaper PC laptops. call me elitist but *insert mac v pc argument in here*

id also say that they 15 would be easier to carry around. i have a macbook thats a 15" and its easily transportable. in the end i recommend you go to one of there stores and speak to a shop assistant (even though most are douches).

Please no one state that i bash macs as i dont understand them. i have used both platforms for over 5 years and i just prefer the more geeky PC, as i like to build my own computer rather than buy a mac with no real sense of accomplishment (plus they cost more for less)

i dunno about anyone else but the sad truth is being in the creative industry using pc are quite frowned upon... dont wanna go into discussion on this one. :(

Yeah I agree, and I don't get that part.:confused: