australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

im wondering whether to add a coat to that order bt... shiiitt

or do you have any other coats coming in, Obscur?

The OV coat looks similar to the first NAT coat i posted... which u may be getting?

arrrrgh man its killing me..

Assin just got ss09 RO in, quite a strong buy but ridiculous prices as expected. pieces (and their approx. prices if I remember them) include:

- silky lamb rick's jacket in black ($4.3k)

- calf leather high collar in drkshdw ($4.5K)

- space wrap leather ($4.7K)

- gradient leather scuba jacket ($5K!!!)

- nylon rick's jacket with leather detailing ($2.3K)

- nylon wrap jacket with leather detailing

- cape trench ($3.5K)

- jersey lame basics (l/s tees ~$420, s/s around $340, tanks ?)

- variety of knits (button up cardis, wrap cardi, poncho, sweater with damage detailing, + a couple of other pieces)

- variety of pants and shorts

- moon boots in black

- chucks in black

the silky lamb leather was quite nice, very soft and thin with a similar feel to the SS08 washed leather, didn't like the shinyness or lack of grain/texture though. calf leather felt slightly course and dry, and the gradient leather looked and felt like nylon, don't think it would age well at all as it was already flaking straight out of the box... also the velcro pockets on everything this season are whack.

also talked to cale this afternoon, show is a capsule show mainly to show their new photography of the range and also to launch a new womens leather jacket. the invites that were mailed out were from the PR company, store invites are going to be sent by email, hence the phone calls to confirm email addresses. event is rsvp, apparently they're expecting ~200 people and they'll be providing people with booklets on the evening.

also talked briefly about the new collection. those skinny trousers are going to be available around about August, most likely in a choice of 2 fabrics, cotton and wool.

got an amusing reaction from my tailor when I brought the coat in, she was kinda creeped out by the feel of the waxed coat and called some of the other people over to feel the coat haha.

didn't check the price of the rick nikes, I'm sure they were ridiculous though J haha.

ajax all pieces go to Melbourne first, the Sydney store will be receiving their part of the order tomorrow. melbourne got it in yesterday afternoon.

Hey D! thanks heaps for posting this, nearly as ridik prices as their dior prices!

Wow. Too true I remember they had a dior leather at 6k and another one with no price on the tag. My friend was like they couldn't fit it on :D

Finally picked up a decent pair of dress shoes today. A pair of navy oxfords by Mjolk. Low profile, perfect shape. might post pics later.

post some pics dude, they sound awesome.

has anyone here ordered oxfords from uniqlo japan? there are so many options and all google translate returns is some ambiguous shit like " DORAINONAIRONSUTORAIPUSHATSU".

basically just want to know if there are any fit differences between the shirts or if I should just go for the patterns/colours I like.

deserter from the sizing charts they all look to be cut the same, just different fabrics, colours, collars, etc.

I was thinking about ordering some a while back due to the positive response on sufu, however the sizing charts seem to indicate that they are quite a boxy/large cut with really short sleeves :confused:.

looking at the charts I don't know if tailoring can save these, for a size small the chest is 53.5 cm, shoulder width is 44 cm, and arm length is 58.5 cm :confused:. perhaps the US shirts are cut differently?