australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone seen HAIL..?

produced by melbourne based film director amiel courtin-wilson, impressive for his first featured film..

the biographic film revolves around criminal-turn-actor daniel p jones, whom as a child, was traumatised by witnessing someone got shot in the head. and what that could have turned him into. the documentary / cicada can be watched here.

this eventually cultivate into a crime/ damaged love story film, HAIL.

hail400.jpg

trailer [ nsfw ]

horse falling from the sky.

Edited by fenrost

personally, i enjoyed it.

it's very artistic and experimental, the sound effect, the visual, there's all sort of pace goes into this film. but, may not be everyone sort of film.

i watched it last week at nova when the director and the lead actor was there for the Q&A session.

to really understand the film, i suppose one must comprehend what sort of life and upbringing daniel goes through - it can quite be f*cked up for a child to witness someone's head got blown off - then rhetorically ponder one day if they will become the person holding the pistol blowing someones else head.

daniel's life experience are reflected in the film, his performance, i thought were very authentic, and honest.

the rage.

nsfw

anyway, this film has redeemed daniel in many ways. kudos to him.

Edited by fenrost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is there any place in melbourne that stocks Timberland boots.

The DFO store in Spencer street is closed, as is the factory outlet on smith street.

if no place in Melb stocks them, has anyone bought timberlands online and know of any good online stores?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Mexican, you need to get there before 6pm and line up though, best to go around 5:30 so you don't miss out. Melbourne is mostly about eat/drink haha, but I'm sure you'll check out Eastern Market and Cose Ipanema. If you have time for checking out more shops maybe check out Marais, Harrolds, Assin, Chiodo and Left.

I've got a pair of chrome hearts, letting go cheap, can send you some pictures if you are interested.

any suggestions for sunglass shopping? i have been putting off buying a pair for way too long. was thinking pretty much the above shops marais, harrolds, assin and maybe somedays....

any recommendations for budget priced brand business/dress shirts in melbourne? not looking for custome tailored as I need one for an event coming up. tried a whole range of different international and local brands like vanHuesen, Saba, Joe Black, Hugo Boss, CK etc and they just dont fit well as all the 'slim fits' are not slim enough particularly in the arms. Which brands have the slimmest fit? most fitting i found were CK and Saba, but still don't fit better than my Uniqlo shirts

Edited by bishibashi