australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Quick paypal question: If I make a paypal payment in another currency, do I get charged an international transaction fee by my bank as well? I've never noticed it before, but suddenly I have these huge INTL Transaction Fees - so I get stiffed on the paypal currency conversion, then have to pay a bank fee on top. What's the deal?

i've noticed this recently too. paypal is linked to my ANZ visa debit card and recently i sent some money as japanese yen - wasn't charged anything. then i sent money that needed to be converted to english pounds and i was charged by ANZ. i have no idea what's up, i've always had to pay a paypal fee (i think everyone does) but i've never been charged by my bank before.

Quick paypal question: If I make a paypal payment in another currency, do I get charged an international transaction fee by my bank as well? I've never noticed it before, but suddenly I have these huge INTL Transaction Fees - so I get stiffed on the paypal currency conversion, then have to pay a bank fee on top. What's the deal?

I think if you're paying by CC you will incur a currency conversion charge but if you choose to pay directly from your bank account then the fee is already included in the total amount to be sent.

How does it smell? I am almost out of my aqva.

soo nice

for me goes on quiet strong, citrusy but not sour, almost too much for me

but after about an hour it cools down and you get vanilla scents and its amazinggggggg

sorry i really suck at describing fragrances lol

Been busting my balls trying to find a part time/casual job in the CBD.

Anyone went to Chaddy earlier on?

lol yeah i popped down with some friends since i was at caulfield uni, but was mostly in women and makeup stores cos i was with three girls...

pretty mcuh every store was around 20% off all merchandise which was nice

FAT was ithink 10% off merch and 15% off denim if i remember correctlyy.... but yeah i didnt end up getting anything anyway

kind of just want to buy the sidezip cdg wallet in plain black, but FAT only had it in polkadot colourways aiyooo

^yeah def

still riding bianchi pista cos im a lame hipster (Y) changed out the wheels, handelbars, stem, pedal, straps, saddle lol

but im kinda looking for a better saddle actually recently, cos the one i got is giving me a bruised gooch

what you riding?

so i got a job at myer melbourne :DDDDD

so psyched! cant wait to hit the city soon after uni finishes!

Congrats dude, I got a job as a christmas casual last year, and got kept on.

Hours over Christmas are hectic, expect the hours to drop in January, its a fun gig though.

yo du's, dunno if anyone is interested but i bought these about a week ago in a EU 42 and they are too narrow for me. will best fit a US 9-9.5. retail $150, will let them go for $80ppd (without box). i just want to sell so i can buy in the next size up. 9.5 condition.

http://shop.countryroad.com.au/#page=http%3A//shop.countryroad.com.au/Shop/Menswear/Footwear.htm&product=http%3A//shop.countryroad.com.au/Shop/Menswear/Footwear/MOE00415/Cranfield-Low-Profile-Shoe.html

my avatar? that's my hand (top) and my friends (bottom). we are both edge and he had both for years, i asked him for one jokingly about a year ago and i when i stayed at his place in melbourne in july he gave it to me. i think he originally bought them in london. i wear it on my pinky and its a bit too small. on my other hand (not sure if you were talking about my fb pic) i wear this one i bought from some random harajuku joint. sorta looks like a diplomats/neo-nazi logo, i get questions about it pretty often. was massive when i bought it, i've had it resized twice now and it's still too big on my finger.

side note - never, ever take your rings to breville's to be resized. ever.

ANZ or CBA travel cards

- around $15 to start, first currency conversion occurs no charge; after that 1% of transfer charged (1.1% for ANZ).

- Free to use at POS and online, $2.5 or around to withdraw overseas.

- Take a few cents off the official exchange rates

- CBA can apply online through netbank, ANZ through branch

- Both reload through BPay

- My CBA card came 4-5 days after order and you get two cards which you activate with separate pins.

Travelex Cash Passport

- Similar to above, seemed like a little better XR but more difficult to get it seems

If going for cash, pre-order through Travelex.

In the end the difference in cost will be negligible (I spent more time trying to work out opportunity cost than it was worth) so go for most convenient: CBA Travel Card

ANZ or CBA travel cards

- around $15 to start, first currency conversion occurs no charge; after that 1% of transfer charged (1.1% for ANZ).

- Free to use at POS and online, $2.5 or around to withdraw overseas.

- Take a few cents off the official exchange rates

- CBA can apply online through netbank, ANZ through branch

- Both reload through BPay

- My CBA card came 4-5 days after order and you get two cards which you activate with separate pins.

Travelex Cash Passport

- Similar to above, seemed like a little better XR but more difficult to get it seems

If going for cash, pre-order through Travelex.

In the end the difference in cost will be negligible (I spent more time trying to work out opportunity cost than it was worth) so go for most convenient: CBA Travel Card