australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

nearing the end of my first day in melbourne.

considering i;ve only been here since lunch time i have covered a large portion of the shops i needed hit. assin, incu, CM, cose, chiodo etc.

since i'm going so well on time i'll probably hit st kilda, collingwood, fitzroy etc all in good time. so any more interesting shops to see would be appreciated.

if any of you dudes wanna grab a beer (or NASI LEMAK!?) i have all the free time in the world (dunno wtf i'm going to do with myself friday and saturday nights).

On a more fashion related note, I've been slowly trying to find some everyday alternatives to just wearing jeans all of the time, but I don't really dig the whole drop-crotch trouser thing a lot of the guys I see wearing on myself. So I was thinking, what about some slim cargo pants? They've got the whole ultilitarian millitary feel going on, and the pockets can give them a really interesting silhouette.

I know Julius do some balls awesome ones but my clothing funds aren't really quite at that level right now, do you guys have any ideas as to where I could find some reasonably cool ones?

I start to dig drop crotch pants, actually... Would love to cop a slim one (but not shorts). Nothing too expensive either.

My "want-to-cop" list is just way too long atm... Guess I am going to spend more on a great coat / jacket to last a long time and the rest (shirt, pants, drop-crotch pants) gotta be some good finds. But my perfectionist trait doesn't really help my finding anything equally matching my claim + wallet :-\

I know Julius do some balls awesome ones but my clothing funds aren't really quite at that level right now, do you guys have any ideas as to where I could find some reasonably cool ones?

Julius cargos pop up on Yahoo Auctions all the time for a sane price, and the older ones are what you want anyway since I find them slimmer with better pocket placements.

My "want-to-cop" list is just way too long atm... Guess I am going to spend more on a great coat / jacket to last a long time and the rest (shirt, pants, drop-crotch pants) gotta be some good finds. But my perfectionist trait doesn't really help my finding anything equally matching my claim + wallet :-\

I think all else being equal, there's always a chance for a good buy to pop up on classifieds. being prepared to pay retail for a great outerwear piece makes it easier compared to waiting but I don't think you're super disadvantaged waiting for something to pop up you know?

^ I'm with Nick. Even the greatest items can pop up on the classifieds/sale. Happened to me just then...and the feeling is sweet I tell you, just sweet. Patience is a virtue.

Dave if you really like the Julius cargos just stalk for them instead of finding a substitute, but that's just me. Any substitute item I've bought isn't worn for long and ends up getting replaced by a better item (which might cost the same in total as getting the one I originally wanted). But if you cbf stalking you could try getting a normal pair of cargo pants, getting them tapered and then diy apocalyptic destruction.

Oh and Nick...Evangelion is just epic. Finished watching them last night and am very satisfied with the remake thus far. Can't wait for 3. XD

Yeah... gotta hope it's worth the wait... I check yoox out regulary, too. Sometimes good things pop up... Remember those Augusta boots now on ebay when they were 180€... or sandals for 80€ :P

Just came back from a date... bit frustrated... always the same procedure... I like a girl, get to know her and as she starts feeling attracted to me and clearly is giving me the go-signal I am not interested any longer... I mean, I like her, but not like ... you know what...

Yeah... gotta hope it's worth the wait... I check yoox out regulary, too. Sometimes good things pop up... Remember those Augusta boots now on ebay when they were 180€... or sandals for 80€ :P

Just came back from a date... bit frustrated... always the same procedure... I like a girl, get to know her and as she starts feeling attracted to me and clearly is giving me the go-signal I am not interested any longer... I mean, I like her, but not like ... you know what...

so you mean to say, you treat female friends exactly like jawns? :D

you know, the right person is a lot rarer than the right jacket :P but I find that men have more in the tank to play out the waiting game.

so you mean to say, you treat female friends exactly like jawns? :D

you know, the right person is a lot rarer than the right jacket :P but I find that men have more in the tank to play out the waiting game.

Nah, not really, I am actually a nice guy :P

But in a way... yes... I treat my jeans good, too and dont own too many of em. But in contrast to girls, I wear the hell out of em. Haha

edit: BBS AW10 up at darklands... Actually, the H.Lorenzo pics impressed me more... I know Rob didn't like it at all. I was actually diggin the moto collar...

Interview is great. Hammered cuff looks really special. Congratulations Chin.

BBS got nothing this season for me. Waiting for SS11.

LOL...treat women like jawns. Funniest thing I heard all day. MoreFire you aren't interested in girls once they are interested in you? Tough life you are looking for ahaha.

LOL...treat women like jawns. Funniest thing I heard all day. MoreFire you aren't interested in girls once they are interested in you? Tough life you are looking for ahaha.

hey it's grounded in truth, P likes and sees many jawns, but he's waiting for the grail jawn to come for the right price. just because there is a grail out there doesn't mean he couldn't meet other girls, errr I mean jawns :D

but there is no more to cop!

google gave me Shoya for yakiniku, anyone been? Is it fairly casual? DOnt want to go to some upmarket version of casual food. Speaking of which, any real Izakaya style place in Melbourne? (by real I men, not to restauranty, half bar type place)

hibachi on king st.

there is small place off flinders lane between russel and exhibition(closer to exhibition) its part of another jap rest which i cant remember the name of...

there are heaps of k-bbq places on victoria st. toodori, halal etc...

Just tried nasi lemak house, and i gotta say, they need to up their teh tarik game.

EM was pretty amazing. so much dripping latex.

Going to see mr maps tonight @ pony.

You could try going to Draculas as well. I heard that it's really fun and worth the money. I didn't end up going because it didn't work out timing wise, but I wish I did.

Another store you could drop by is Marais in the Royal Arcade, which shouldn't be too out of the way from whatever you're doing. Wasn't too bad last time I went and the SA was quite friendly. Could be good during sales.

I really liked breakfast at DeGreaves Street, and has a decent waffle stand in the lane as well. Went there almost every morning.

Eureka Tower on the other hand was semi pointless...

ahaha, i actually have no issues with the seven seeds statement cos they're hella good, and iirc proud mary gets their beans from there too. proud mary's quality really depends on whether nolan's making it or not though...

just checked out market lane online too and that definitely seems promising.

Just tried nasi lemak house, and i gotta say, they need to up their teh tarik game.

EM was pretty amazing. so much dripping latex.

Going to see mr maps tonight @ pony.

depending on how long your down for you should also try and check out the melbourne design market (http://www.melbournedesignmarket.com.au/) and i have also heard good things about the tim burton exhibition currently on.

as for breakfast, i really don't eat out enough to be particularly helpful but the last time i went out for breakfast was to Porgie + Mr Jones in hawthorn and it was lovely (http://porgiemrjones.com.au/)

woah, no offense to you kuu, but really? fucking draculas? holy shit, I would rather cheese grate my front teeth off...

That bad eh? I've never been but everyone in Perth who's been to Melbourne frowns at me for not going to Draculas. I suppose its one of the things that locals never do, but all tourists think locals do. Guess I didn't waste any money, phew!

The thing that really blows my mind is that if you get out at Town Hall station in Sydney (which many would conisder the heart of the city), it is impossible to find any nice cafes or eats.Unless you done some serious trial and error research, it's seriously fucking impossible. And even then, the places aren't particularly nice from an aesthetic/ambiance stand point.

When in Melbourne I was like what's up, what's up, what's up, what's up, what's up...

03377-1.jpg

The thing that really blows my mind is that if you get out at Town Hall station in Sydney (which many would conisder the heart of the city), it is impossible to find any nice cafes or eats.Unless you done some serious trial and error research, it's seriously fucking impossible. And even then, the places aren't particularly nice from an aesthetic/ambiance stand point.

When in Melbourne I was like what's up, what's up, what's up, what's up, what's up...

03377-1.jpg

meh there are lots of nice cafes in surry hills, which i would consider the cultural heart of sydney.

ton ton, right next to town hall station is a pretty good place to eat.

thanks for the links dave!

anyone here interested in a CCP Male 08 Glue seam button up long black shirt, in Gitter fabric, it's tunic like. in size 50? (fit like 48)

just helping a mate, i will get some pics.

does anyone know any antwerp, belgium proxy? i am getting desperate here! aha :o

looks like i am on a "grail" quest. someone help!

nah nick didnt get there

just googled and saw it's above San Fran? that the one?

we only got to LA & Van

oh no, Russian River Brewing Co is one of the best US microbreweries, their range of beers are awesome and I figured you might've come across at least one or two in the restaurants you visited.