australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

guess they are something I will have to see and try on in person, especially at that price. maybe when I go to Japan next year...

in the mean time the search for some good coated black jeans continues.

speaking of raf simons, according to his official website there is a melbourne stockist called departures and arrivals. never heard of it myself but after some googling I found out it's on Hosier Lane, off Flinders Lane. might have to check it out next time I'm in the city just to see what they have.

any recommendations for undistressed coated skinny black jeans besides nudiez? was looking for CON neo neo black oil jeans but gave up on finding them.

Agree with most of what was said already.

Also, one brand that wasn't mentioned is Pudel. I have a pair of their black coateds and love them. Not sure where you can get them now though. Blackbird used to have them, but not sure if they still have any stock.

guess they are something I will have to see and try on in person, especially at that price. maybe when I go to Japan next year...

in the mean time the search for some good coated black jeans continues.

speaking of raf simons, according to his official website there is a melbourne stockist called departures and arrivals. never heard of it myself but after some googling I found out it's on Hosier Lane, off Flinders Lane. might have to check it out next time I'm in the city just to see what they have.

do they have RAF by RAF or do they have 'the' Raf Simons collection.

pandemonium the store is listed as a stockist for the main line as well as the eastpac collab. according to the kitsune site it's on the 1st floor at 3-5 hosier lane, I'll see if I can find anything there next time I'm in the cbd. if there is a store there presumably the staff at assin and marais would know of it. those rafs look great on dark, will have to check them out when I get the chance.

congrats Pand, that's a good score, do you need to do the Medicine test thing (UMAT?) to go to pred med at UMELB, or is the score enough?

Hope we can find out something about the departures and arrivals... I guess could always email the raf people and see when they last ordered something?

You may want to give Ksubi an email or call DJI, I seem to remember hearing they had secured distribution rights for RS in Aus?

it is be just an ENTER score requirement. i totally fugged up my JEWMAT so can't go into undergrad med.

and why would i anyway.

i can be a fuckin MD.

are they affiliated with assin/marais? ooo

btw guys i got a 97.05 for my ENTEr which is ok i'm going off to pre-med next year yeaah jizz in my pants.

well done man!

typical mhs score ;)

i got 97.00, now gotta decide whether i want to go to monash clayton or melb bleh

someone give some advice on this? lol

congrats to you too seksu, two future sufu doctors here in Melbourne haha. I'd rep you both if internet explorer at work wasn't broken.

I'd be inclined to go to melb uni just because it's in the cbd, unless your home happens to be near clayton...

what are they selling CPs for at claude? and which models..

still really feel the bball highs in the navy leather (non patent..)

navy seems like a good alternative to black (ie. all of my shoes) - i can't rock white/light coloured sneaks, don't feel right yo.

far too many hop hop/streetwear bogans rocking the nikes these days T, I'd give them a miss. I only really wear white sneakers too, stick to black for boots/lace ups. still need a pair of side zip boots...

home these are the prices for CP's at claude maus:

afraid not tyro, just asked and the prices are:

court shoes (black and white)= $452

achilles lows (black and white)= $452

achilles patent lows (black)= $469

achilles mids (grey)= $469

chelsea boots (black)= $735

imo navy shoes wouldn't go that well with black jeans...

the dude at claude's said that the discounts would be:

30% off the suede bomber

20% off current season claude maus

10% off CP's (might have been 15%, can't remember)

10% off denim

5% off leather

there might be a small discount off DD, undecided as of yet.

sale at marais just started, a lot of discounted stock. only had a brief look, not really my thing. I asked some of the SA's at assin about departures and arrivals, one of them had heard of it but had no idea where it was or whether it was still open. I checked out the address where it was meant to be on hosier lane, there was only a cafe and a tapas bar on the ground floor and I couldn't see anything upstairs. would have asked about it at zambesi around the corner but they were closed by the time I got there.

yeah, not sure what's up with the store. next time I'm in the cbd I'll ask the staff at zambesi, they should know seeing as they are just around the corner.

I think claude does discount their denim occasionally, just not at all of their sales. retail industry isn't doing so great at the moment, I guess they don't have that much choice. stores have definitely have been impacted this year, most stores are already at 30-40% off current season stock, it'll be interesting to see just how deep the discounts go on boxing day...

doubtful the prices will be much better at JC with the dollar still so low. still want a pair of white court shoes even though I don't wear sneakers that often anymore.

It's funny isn't it; first Rick Airs now Rick Taylors =)

EDIT: Fucked up the post order with an edit... Anyway, I follow your thinking on going with the original. Personally, I like that the designer version references the icon whilst holding back its accessibility, that for me is interesting. The RRP doesn't put me off as much as saturated distribution / surplus availability, it just becomes a bigger challenge cop on the cheap.