australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

^ yeah she's lovely. Their VIP sale started a while ago actually (same sale, but no one knows about it) and someone leaked it on SZ, apparently in 2 days (tues and wed i think) most of the m.a + bags were snapped up by these overseas people calling in...

awesome swag in there though, limited sizes but what's there is almost all fantastic.

oh and... my spies tell me there's a secret ann dem store in the middle of nowhere north of the city. I went and it was closed but there's no store title, and the front display has some drapey shit and an ann dem logo. Peeked inside and saw more black drapey shit (and I think they do other stuff not of that label too) and faintly recognized the infamous paint stroke t-shirt. it's a secret for now until i confirm what it really is (and maybe grab the good stuff first... not that I can afford anything much now). Doesn't look like it's ready for retail right yet anyways, there were random adidas (lol wut) stuff strewn about.

unless somehow everyone except me already knows about it, in which case whatever i said was a sarcastic statement.

Hey where'd quick reply go?

Anyway I fuckin' SWEAR it was there. And yeah there was a seamstress thing on the door but there WAS an "Ann Demeulemeester" sign/logo by the window and I DID recognize a few legit ann d pieces inside. Oh well, maybe it was false hype for the store itself or something... should've taken a pic. :(:(:(

I'll send my spies again to double check the address but until morale improves, the beat6ings will continue

Yeah it might just be some guy's studio/store who has a personal ann d stash and decided to stick a dustbag or something in in the display for a few days and hang his stuff inside for fun or inspiration. Maybe it's Assin's storage/studio... whatever, at least it provided a little bit of excitement in these boring post-exam/uni times.

Yeah it might just be some guy's studio/store who has a personal ann d stash and decided to stick a dustbag or something in in the display for a few days and hang his stuff inside for fun or inspiration. Maybe it's Assin's storage/studio... whatever, at least it provided a little bit of excitement in these boring post-exam/uni times.

yep that place has been there for a while. my girlfriend lives around the corner. never seen it open.

my girl tells me they run some dodgy garage sale every now and again. sounds like it's just a local designer's studio and they put some ann dem stuff in the window to make it look nice.

yep that place has been there for a while. my girlfriend lives around the corner. never seen it open.

my girl tells me they run some dodgy garage sale every now and again. sounds like it's just a local designer's studio and they put some ann dem stuff in the window to make it look nice.

Haha cool... that clears it up then thanks!

will do tyro. yeah, been looking to update my selection of jeans. right now I wear my black claude's, black acnes (old pair was too loose, used to ride off my arse haha) and grey uniqlos. still on the market for some black waxed jeans (either these julian reds or wait till I can get some rafs) and a (cheap) dark grey pair.

i have a serious want for some nice new grey jeans.

also some electric blue and a heavily damaged washed jean.

and a leather jacket.

i have enough for all of this but still going to wait it all out unless there's a really sexyyyyyyyyyyyy one av. in melbourne for cheap.

also i'm going to QLD on the 28th. is violent green near the gold coast?

violent green is in the CBD... checked their sale today, quite disappointed. mostly random tees. full of douchebags as well (not the staff... the customers).

On the topic of dark grey jeans, i've got a pair of grey wrangler stranglers which are great as far as the fit goes. the denim is a little thin and they probably arent the best for taller guys, but they're wearable and affordable.

well i already got some blacque jeans so i don't really need a new pair, da's why i want a pair of grey ones.

as for leather jacket... hmm. i'm not too sure. haven't been paying attention to the international offerings recently but i really don't want a perfecto jacket anymore because everyone's been walking around with one.

that's awesome that Fat will be stocking them, would love to be able to handle them in person (not sure if I need a third leather jacket though haha).

btw the sales were a bust for the most part. I only really bothered checking out fat and alphaville, fat had next to nothing on sale but alpha had a decent range of cheap monday and dr. denim on sale, nothing I wanted though. if your going to hit up either of the sales then head to the fitzroy store unless you want to fight through swarms of hipsters....