australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

why you be attaching h to ramen for lul nigg. o you goin to hakata? that's pretty hectic shit. fukuoka is pretty underrated place.

i never sed probability was hard, that question was as fack vague thas why.

and fur the rekord vector calculas ain't that hard.

don't know why i put the h in there, most places spell it without but yeh habit i guess, i know that it is more commonly spelt the other way.. Yes Fukuoka, i wil be there for quite a bit actually.. If i go that is..still kinda undecided..

i was just kidding about the maths bit, i'm not really that competent.

no one bothered with the fat sale? I was going to go if I finished my exam early on thursday but I ended up staying till the end...

just talked to claude maus, apparently they will be receiving their damir doma order within the next 2 weeks. no details on specific pieces yet, hopefully they will a specific date for the drop soon (not that I can afford any of it :().

i eventually went yesterday. there were about 3 full racks of chronicles stuff. all con denim for $150 according to a sign but didn't see any so they were probably already gone. tees were $60, long sleeves were $100. different hoodies for $125 and $150 or so i think. scooped a double layer viscose for $39. also, some claude maus cargo pants for $20.

Guys. I might be heading to University of Melbourne. How's the school man? Is it second rate or good? Anywhere I can get housing? Unilodge good?

depends on what faculty you want to get into.

it's considered 'first rate'

fuck your housing. go live in the library.

eh i don't know never lived there.

melbourne uni is considered one of the best unis in Australia, probably more so with their new US style system...

as far as housing goes, do what normal people do and find a share house, or just live with some friends, college will not be like animal house, or revenge of the nerds, it will be more like playschool

i'm assuming he's an amerifag, so no friends.

you might want to go and take one of those unhospitable unimelb affiliated accomodations like unilodge or something.

befriend someone for a month and then move out together into a less shitty house.

Gonna be doing Political Science and Media Comm at Uni Mel guys. And I'm from Singapore. And yes, I have no friends. So bah. So Unilodge I presume is one of the better housings around ay?

Btw, is there a Uniqlo store in Melbourne?

Yeah Unilodge is crap! I'd look into finding a place in Carlton, Brunswick, Richmond or North Melb or Smith St area. There're heaps of apartments along St Kilda Road too which is convenient due to the number of trams going into the city. Or if you can afford it, South Bank.

That said, uni housing might be a good option since you don't know anyone in Melb.

www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au are good places to start. Also www.flatmates.com.au or www.flatmatefinders.com.au. At least rent in Melb isn't as crazy as Sydney.

No Muji either, not even a Kinokuniya in Melb.

Thanks guys. All those helped a bunch. You guys stay around the CBD area?

Pity International students have no concessions for fares. My friends suggested not paying for the fares. Ha.

What about North Face. Hope they have have that there. Needa get jackets for winter unless they're horrifically marked up.