The Desert Boots Thread

poopie boy

Yeah, I'm thinking the style is just ever so slightly elongated and narrowed. The width is perfect and I don't have broad feet. They just feel/look a little long in the toe.

Tempted to order two more pair size 8.5 and size 8 just to see :) Great looking boots though. I have a feeling I'll be living in them for the next few months.

Zig Zag hi tops.

The only picture I could find were these, but I have seen 8 or 10 eyelet ones that are doper in my opinion. And only $15-20.

f0361.jpg

The pic is from an ebay auction, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ZIG-ZAG-Zig-Zags-Shoes-Black-Chukka-Hi-Top-Winos-Winos_W0QQitemZ320357642447QQihZ011QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone willing to post a fit of their Clark's from a birds-eye-view? I want to see if the profile is really as slim as some reviews suggests and whether sizing 1/2 down is appropriate.

Boots are quite slim and tapered very slightly towards the toe. I'm pretty much a standard US 9 but the US 9 Clarks DBs have almost half an inch of room in the toe for me. I think this is the intended style of the boot (it doesn't look too big) but my heel lifts a little walking in them and giving small blisters.

I imagine this issue will disappear once they are softened and broken in.

If you are a very cozy US 9 then go with the 9. If you have a bit of room in most US 9 shoes then go the 8.5. Just my $0.02.

Boots are quite slim and tapered very slightly towards the toe. I'm pretty much a standard US 9 but the US 9 Clarks DBs have almost half an inch of room in the toe for me. I think this is the intended style of the boot (it doesn't look too big) but my heel lifts a little walking in them and giving small blisters.

I imagine this issue will disappear once they are softened and broken in.

If you are a very cozy US 9 then go with the 9. If you have a bit of room in most US 9 shoes then go the 8.5. Just my $0.02.

I wear US10 in pretty much everything and I plan on putting insoles into the shoe (Superfeet). Thanks for the head sup. . .

J/W but are these Clark's?

waywt090409.jpg

i was looking for some desert boots, but didn't really want to go with clarks... so i picked up these. brand is called elia maurizi. the color is a bit bluer in person. lovely construction and ridiculously comfortable.

IMGP8793.jpg

IMGP8794.jpg

IMGP8795.jpg

IMGP8792.jpg