The Desert Boots Thread

poopie boy

those look a lot better than clarks
UK proxy to US anyone please ? I would love a pair of these point takens in a US 10 ! contact me if you can !

this just shut me up.

didn't know clarks made a model that corrected the original desert boots, those look fucking sweet and the price is probably very charming. tried to locate a pair but i couldn't find one. they are no longer available on the clarks website and a quick google search showed nothing.

Is the quality of Opening Ceremony Boots really as bad as someone mention? Iam looking forward to grab a pair, but not sure if they are worth it.

Any other recommendations for desert boots with leather sole, either black/grey leather or suede upper? Don't mind if heel or not. Location in Europe will be prefered. I know the J. Lindeberg and Acne ones.

Thank you very much for any help!

Thanks to lenn, I discovered (as you too!)those splendid desert boots of Elia Maurizi. I was very interested therefore I wanted to know if the brand was distributed in France, Elia said to me no, but that I could directly order online.

Pairs of desert boots are sold in 190€ (according to lenn) on the market, but given that it is a young mark, creator has difficulties to sell them, therefore I asked her if it was possible to buy several to bring down the selling price and she answered me by saying to me that if I ordered 24 pairs at least, it would be 185$ (instead of 250$) each pair!

For financial worries, I shall kindly ask you to give me some of deposits so that you do not withdraw! If you are interested, thank you for sending me a pm by choosing size as well as colour wanted!

PS : I also deposited this "announcement" on a French site therefore if you really want it dispatch you because the 24 pairs will have quickly left!

i was looking for some desert boots, but didn't really want to go with clarks... so i picked up these. brand is called elia maurizi. the color is a bit bluer in person. lovely construction and ridiculously comfortable.

DSC00463.jpg

(thanks to lenn for this one!)

IMGP8793.jpg

IMGP8794.jpg

IMGP8795.jpg

IMGP8792.jpg

so i got the desert boots but they are waaaay too big for me, i guess they fit like a size us 10. outsole measures 31 cm.

here are the seller's pics:

DSC_0008-17.jpg

DSC_0009-16.jpg

and the seller's sale page:

http://www.fuk.co.uk/threads/clarks_point_taken_desert_boot_black_suede_uk_8

i'm gonna check if my father can fit into these, if he doesn't i'll try to sell them to get back what i payed for them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

were desert boots always traditionally suede upper/crepe sole?

Yep. Those are actually "Chukka" or "Turf" boots.

Any type of shoe with a crepe sole can carry the "desert" adjective. The classic Clark's Desert Boot is just a desert chukka boot. Lose the crepe and it becomes a regular chukka boot (or just a 'chukka', if you prefer)