The Desert Boots Thread

poopie boy

clarks are the original desert boot...why accept an imitation? for more background info on these classics, go to clarks.com, under "originals" years ago there was a lot more info as to the history, construction, etc. the website aint what it used to be. there is also a model called "desert kai" which is a low-quarter version. they might still make them in the UK... the desert mali is a high-top version. also probably discontinued, as well as the desert chelsea, just like a dessie boot, but with the elastic side panels, sans laces. does anyone know if any of the old padmore&barnes dessies are still to be found in ireland? if so, holla...

Those 2007 ones are nice. Hopefully they'll be on sale next week. I like them a lot more than the CP sneaker-desert boot hybrid.

Clark sand desert boots are nice, but i just like the OC color better.

What the consenus on the treatment of these things? Are you guys wearing yours in the snow? Getting them dirty like a pair of chucks? Or are you babying the suede?

I've been babying mine but unfortunately I can't wear them as often as I want with all the snow outside.

Did you see Doctor Worm's latest waywt? He was wearing them in a ton of snow. Cheep wears them around a construction site sweating them up in florida.

What the consenus on the treatment of these things? Are you guys wearing yours in the snow? Getting them dirty like a pair of chucks? Or are you babying the suede?

I've been babying mine but unfortunately I can't wear them as often as I want with all the snow outside.

Water makes suede look terrible, but I've been wearing mine in inclement conditions and just cleaning the suede afterward.

Desert boots are pretty inexpensive, so I thinks it's OK to wear them whenever and not really worry about the weather.

I was just in Opening Cermony and I thought their desert boots were dope. Unfortunately they were like $350 and never go on sale. But the natural brown ones were the nicest I've seen, and if I had a little wilder style like some of you guys I would've gotten a pair of the blue ones.

they greyish ones posted above also look real nice, but I think they were sold out of those, or they are discontinued?

has anybody purchased or worn the barneys co-op suede chukkas? they have a slight burnish/distressing to the suede and are generally quite nice looking, but i'm unsure of the quality; i tried on a pair of their co-op bluchers and felt they were incredibly uncomfortable

Clarks makes black suede desert boots too. Look solid. Much better than that weird looking leather.

Is it just me or do clarks desert boots look crappy in anything but suede? I wear the hell out of my suedes, almost daily actually, but rarely ever wear my beeswax. They just don't translate as nice in leather in my opinion.

I honestly refute your statement... ... I love mine.

clarks.jpg

tips on how to clean suede?

yeah id like to know as well, had a sloppy cunt of a woman puke on my boots the other day. A friend suggested using vinegar. Any idea if it works?

• 2 weeks later...