Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

beatle- Amazing picture! Must spread!

Thatboyo, my pair of 666od were tight at first but they def loosened up an inch. The OD makes the denim extremely tight. I'm usually a 29 (its what I have in Busters and Roys, 27 in APC NS) but I ended up getting a 30 in 666ODs. I'd definitely say that the ODs should not be loose to start with unless that is the fit you are going for.

Same.. When I tried them on I SUO. I am now trying to save up for a pair though haha!

i actually think that front pocket fade isn't too bad lookin

just sayin..

I agree! I find it funny that so many people diss the cell phone fade. Seriously? Jeans, to me, are there to help me everyday.they are an extension of MY lifestyle. IE holding my coins, my wallet, my cell phone, pieces of paper, candy, keys etc. I find it funny, as people have neg repped me before because of my 'cell phone fade', that people let their jeans 'own' them by maybe carrying their phone in their hand or placing it in their 'man purse' just so they don't get negged on this forum. Seriously, you own your jeans, they don't own you! To me there is a plethora of things people could be whining about on this forum (but really, do you need to waste your time whining and neg repping?) If I don't like something I just stay quite, I don't feel the need to put down either by commenting or leaving neg rep (there's a huge difference between being insulting and giving positive criticism.) like why the hell do you need a wallet the size of a house hanging from your ass or why wear all these really nice clothes and then you put on shitty Adidas or Asics running shoes? There is plenty more reasons but i digress. Just saying...

:)

[quote name= Jeans, to me, are there to help me everyday.they are an extension of MY lifestyle. IE holding my coins, my wallet, my cell phone, pieces of paper, candy, keys etc.

you own your jeans, they don't own you!

:)[/quote]

I'm not so sure anyone on this site including yourself truly believes that statement. Are your jeans a pair of $39.99, Made in Bangladesh jeans from Target? Is this forum called Super Functional Jeans? The common thread amongst everyone here is an appreciation for beautiful denim; specifically, the way it ages and fades. I'm suspicious of how nonchalant you really are about your denim if you are posting on this forum. Do you REALLY use your jeans *JUST* for keys and candy? Are you denying that you too participate in any of the 101 crazy wear-and-care techniques discussed here to get awesome fades? Don't you ultimately wind up letting your jeans own you too? If not then either your wasting your time here or your wasting your money. The point about the cell phone fade is not about dictating how you should use your jeans per se, it's a comment on the aesthetic nature of the denim fading. I look at the left side of those awesome jeans above and I see a gorgeous thing of beauty - gorgeous whiskers radiating out, amazing contrast...perfection. Then I look at the right side and there's that hideous white square where whiskers ought to be. It's just plain UGLY! You want constructive criticism instead of insults? How's this: To anyone considering cell phone fades, consider how you just forked over $200+ for a pair of jeans that you will painstakingly refrain from washing and when you do it will be with carefully timed and temperature controlled hand soaks/washes... why would you ruin all that effort with an ugly out-of-place cellphone mark??

i think what you are forgetting is all of your remarks here are opinion.

i also don't think giving someone the third degree is nessasery or constructive.

'don't compare, just wear'

I'm not so sure anyone on this site including yourself truly believes that statement. Are your jeans a pair of $39.99, Made in Bangladesh jeans from Target? Is this forum called Super Functional Jeans? The common thread amongst everyone here is an appreciation for beautiful denim; specifically, the way it ages and fades. I'm suspicious of how nonchalant you really are about your denim if you are posting on this forum. Do you REALLY use your jeans *JUST* for keys and candy? Are you denying that you too participate in any of the 101 crazy wear-and-care techniques discussed here to get awesome fades? Don't you ultimately wind up letting your jeans own you too? If not then either your wasting your time here or your wasting your money. The point about the cell phone fade is not about dictating how you should use your jeans per se, it's a comment on the aesthetic nature of the denim fading. I look at the left side of those awesome jeans above and I see a gorgeous thing of beauty - gorgeous whiskers radiating out, amazing contrast...perfection. Then I look at the right side and there's that hideous white square where whiskers ought to be. It's just plain UGLY! You want constructive criticism instead of insults? How's this: To anyone considering cell phone fades, consider how you just forked over $200+ for a pair of jeans that you will painstakingly refrain from washing and when you do it will be with carefully timed and temperature controlled hand soaks/washes... why would you ruin all that effort with an ugly out-of-place cellphone mark??

Wow you are a huge douchebag. We are not worthy. But again that's just my opinion. Lol at you writing out an essay for your disdain of someone having a cell phone fade. Get a life.

I like all those cellphone fadings as long as people are just using the best place for their cell phone. If they just take their cellphone in to the front pockets because of expecting high fading results it's sort of weird to me.

I would never just carry some stuff with me to get some special fade results. But if I need to carry some important stuff with me I put those items on the best places for me. And if there are some fadings then it's ok

the main reason i lurked on SF for a longtime without posting was because of the very harsh & critical nature of some of the comments & users. it all gets a bit 'school playground' at times, and as somebody who's not in school anymore i figured 'who needs that?'

having said that i agree in part with BOTH Cents & Shinobi, and there is no wrong view here. we all came here because we love our jeans, so if you want to stick a phone in your front pocket go for it. if not, also good.

i myself don't like a phone fade but that's just me & i'm not about to give anyone grief for it, because like Cents said it's about how we each want to wear our jeans.

wear them how you want to wear them. be it without giving any thought to it, or by scrutinizing every aspect of it. it's all each to their own and that's how it should be.

at any rate, this is a page about iron hearts so i'll leave it there....

Wow you are a huge douchebag. We are not worthy. But again that's just my opinion. Lol at you writing out an essay for your disdain of someone having a cell phone fade. Get a life.

never said anything about worthiness...just calling out the original post-er on his overly manly - "jeans are for wearing! y'all are pussies! grrrrr!" - stance. Does that really apply here on this board?

Sorry if long posts constitute an "essay". Yeah I guess I have no life since I'm into denim and post opinions about it on this site...something I'm sure you with your glamorous life never do right?!