Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

23oz sounds awesome and I am sure I would pick up a pair if they came in a cut that I was even remotely interested in. That said, I would hope that there was something besides just the 2oz increase to separate the denim from IH's 21oz.

hm, looks like Iron Heart has some heavy competition. Not to mention they will be 25 years behind this other company in technology developement.

Dark clouds will come soon.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13081

Competition?

the cut was terrible and it was nearly $500 a pair..

Competition?

the cut was terrible and it was nearly $500 a pair..

yeah, I tried to use terrible puns and reinterpretations of fortune cookie predictions to indicate sarcasm.. unsuccessfully.

Looking forward to any Iron Heart future releases for sure though.

Iron Heart 634s

Worn for 7 months straight, then worn for 12 months every other day, so a total of 13 month of wear.

7 Washes total (cold wash / tumble dry)

DSC01315-741576.jpg

DSC01317-741554.jpg

DSC01318-723715.JPG

Selvedge: USD270 shipped

Non-Selvedge: USD212 shipped

Judging on the price of the non-selvedge, are they still double ring spun?

That'd be cool. Selvage lines look puny from a distance. :D

-JF

I remember reading some where that one guy had his SExIH01's stretch 2 inches in the waist. Has anyone else had such a large amount or stretch with Iron Heart denim?

I couldn't be be arsed to take before and after measurements, but mine after 9 months has stretched a significant amount (i'm estimating 2" at least) so that I can wear them comfortably on my hips. When I first got them, I couldn't button the top two buttons at waist level, for reference.

As for the thighs...they were painted on for the first week or so. They're far from loose now, but have relaxed more to a comfortable, slim fit.

In my opinion, Ironhearts comparable in stretching to my other pairs. Only problem is that my other jeans are all notorious stretchers (RRDS, 5000bk)

So could I push, say, a year with them?

Barring extraordinary abuse, I'd say yes. After a month of wear (bike 5-20 miles every day) on my XX-007s, I had significant lightening, softening, and thinning in the crotch, after three months, I had a hole. After a month's wear on my 1634s (non-selvedge, black 634s), I see no real wear whatsoever. I beat the shit outta jeans too.

I know kiya wore his for 6 months daily, then 12 months every second day (or something like that, go back a page or two), and they're beat up, but still going. If you go back to page 6 or so, you can see Hidden Rivet's jeans after 18 months, got tiny holes in the knees. They're pretty fucking hardcore.

If these aren't still going strong well after a year is up, you probably wear your jeans harder than anyone I have ever come across...they are just so sturdy in every way imaginable.

If these aren't still going strong well after a year is up, you probably wear your jeans harder than anyone I have ever come across...they are just so sturdy in every way imaginable.

These and Sugarcanes are the sturdiest jeans Ive ever come across.

Both jeans can take a beating. I mean, I got ran over by two cars and the only holes I have in my jeans was in the back pocket, from having a metal flask in it, and skidding against the pavement.

The only hole I have in the Iron Hearts is also in the back pocket, from a metal cig. case with a sharp edge. I'll take pics tmrw morning to compare the crotch on both these and the Sugarcanes.

I did a cold wash (I think) the other nite, and tumble dry. Slight indigo loss on the thighs already, but my cam wont pic that up.

Slight shrink, I think about a .5 at the waist. I didnt measure these at all.

I'll try and get some pics up by tmrw.