Sign in to follow this  
M.O.A

its fuckin cold out--lets talk gloves

Girlfriend bought some Marc Jacobs leather/cashmere gloves for me when she was in Vegas. Simple, fit well, and keep my hands pretty warm for not being mitts.

I got some leather, cashmere lined gloves for christmas but sometimes I think they look a bit too 'Patrick Bateman'.... and id rather look like a slightly gothic homeless man stalking a dystopic underworld..... so I bought these cashmere wrist warmers from Brora, great company, and not bad value on sale.

http://www.brora.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?WebShopCodeStr=AS&WebSegmentCodeStr=S1&WebCategoryCodeStr=CG&StyleCodeStr=GHN60

I also got the chunky beanie, obviously both items are in charcoal hues.

The good thing about these is that I can use the ipod whereas with full finger gloves I have to keep taking them off.

I have a pair of dents leather cashmere lined that kept my hands nice and warm on a recent trip to budapest and I have just bought a pair grey cotton ones for the milder weather in Manchester, both a great fit and great quality

If I had a choice...

713twlu.jpg

Hermes gloves cost too fucking much. But they hold up very well.

These are something like six years old:

2215487282_f19ef5914a.jpg

Fingers look hilariously stumpy. They're a little too short, but not nearly that stumpy.

im in the market for some leather gloves. after simple designs like the CCP ones. show me whats out there.

Maybe not very cool but I get a pair of these Carhartt's every winter:

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=10051&productId=32021&langId=-1&categoryId=10904#

I'm so used to driving with them 8 months out of the year it feels weird driving without them. Also the medium size just barely fits me but that's the smallest they make them.

So I'm bumping this because it has got cold way too early this year. Lost the MJ leather/cashmere gloves, and need some sort of replacement. Preferably black again, and simple. I haven't seen any gloves I really like so far this year.

Share away.

So I'm bumping this because it has got cold way too early this year. Lost the MJ leather/cashmere gloves, and need some sort of replacement. Preferably black again, and simple. I haven't seen any gloves I really like so far this year.

Share away.

Not sure what your budget is but take a look at the jcrew leather/cashmere lined gloves. Mine's pretty good and quite warm although it's from a previous season.

Much like toques, any gloves I buy are either lost quickly or wind up filthy sodden nightmares, so I stick with the street vendor hobo gloves. That said, I've always liked the look of these raphas (stupid price tag though):

555-01.jpg

those are nice gramps. I usually had the same luck (especially with sunglasses), but those old gloves stayed with me for a while and were in good shape. until someone distracted me and I walked off a bus without them :(.

Not sure what your budget is but take a look at the jcrew leather/cashmere lined gloves. Mine's pretty good and quite warm although it's from a previous season.

other than the pinch at the bottom, which I'd probably have in my coat sleeve anyways, they look basically the same. Thanks!

0014h.jpg

ive been wearing alpaca knit gloves for a couple years now and i love them but now that im riding my bike inthe winter i think i will need something with better grip and durability. i love the quilted mario portolano from the last page, and the middle ones in the quote. any peasant status equivilents? ebaying "motorcycle gloves" brings up ones that are too long or too robotic looking

Fingerless gloves wouldn't cut it in this arctic world I find myself in during the winter.

i've been looking for the perfect gloves and i finally found them. they were acne and just amazing, fit was perfect slim but too expensive for my student wallet (1000sek, like 140usd)

soem thin techy burton gloves i got with my snowboarding gloves

so today i was outside smoking a cigarette, and then i couldn't feel my fingers anymore and they were all red. i need gloves, what are the warmest gloves i can get at a decent price (less than 100$). i've tried so many different gloves, none of them keep me warm cause i got skinny asian fingers. oh and preferably something pretty thick so i can smoke and do shit with them, and use my phone or whatever.

for those that really care, i didn't want to put this is small questions thread so people who have the same concern as me can see this.

i love these pendleton ones from blackbird, but since i live in LA i wouldnt need to use them that often. i'm just gonna buy a cheap pair from the mall and cut a slit in the index finger so i can still use my iphone

42038_1.jpg

bump

help me find knit gloves with leather accents on them

like these supreme gloves

items80591z.jpg

and these j.press gloves

m7841rblk.jpg

online links and pictures appreciated

If you're near a Saks outlet, they're selling house brand cashmere/leather gloves that look just like those J. Press for cheap right now. I copped a pair for $45ish on Friday. Can post pics if you want.

bum

items80591z.jpg

onliated

hah... i was actually planning on sewing leather onto some wool gloves i have... got some nice soft nubuck pants that i was planning on cutting up

7b675868-fbcd-4d76-b93a-c958fbc2c5d5.img

i got these gloves from cos and am very satisfied with them...

they also have some wool/leather ones but couldn't find any pictures online vampy :(

7b675868-fbcd-4d76-b93a-c958fbc2c5d5.img

i got these gloves from cos and am very satisfied with them...

they also have some wool/leather ones but couldn't find any pictures online vampy :(

those look nice, how much were they? and whats cos?