High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3153970&cp=1779791.1761081.1761136.1761159&parentPage=family

Don't know how you guys feel about Timbs, since RedWings and RussMocs seem to lead the way on Sufu, but these seem to bridge the functionality and classic style pretty well.

Does anyone know where Timbs are made (I'd be thoroughly surprised if it weren't made with cheapo junk in China)?

http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3153970&cp=1779791.1761081.1761136.1761159&parentPage=family

Don't know how you guys feel about Timbs, since RedWings and RussMocs seem to lead the way on Sufu, but these seem to bridge the functionality and classic style pretty well.

Does anyone know where Timbs are made (I'd be thoroughly surprised if it weren't made with cheapo junk in China)?

I have these boots and have to say I love them. Not sure if they're SUFU cool either, but I just needed some winter boots and they're perfect for that.

I can check later where they're made if you need me to.

I have these boots and have to say I love them. Not sure if they're SUFU cool either, but I just needed some winter boots and they're perfect for that.

I can check later where they're made if you need me to.

I'd like to nip this one in the bud, for the sake of not letting this thread degenerate the way so many great threads do.

It's not that those boots aren't SUFU cool - which is such a fucking lame thing to say - it's that they are cheap and ugly as all get out. On top of that, brands like Timbo aren't getting much love here because they simple don't compare to the brands like Russell Moccasin. Same reason Kenneth Cole isn't really a focus of the "shoes with age thread."

I'm sorry, but they are garbage. You should be embarrassed for wearing them. Not much more needs to be said. I just want to be sure that we maintain the level of this thread.

sorry to be that guy Gnar,but I really like these Timbs, and think they are pretty thread appropriate

Really wouldnt mind having them.

Oh great. Thanks a lot, Bobo. Now we are going to get on the Timberland train. What's next? Uggs?

8521-771297-d.jpg

These are pretty sweet too, huh?

Alls I'm saying is, if this is where we are headed, I'm out.

And, if it's gotta be Timbs, just give me some 6" nubuck joints and call it a day.

^^ you dont see the resemblence between those I posted and some of the Russel joints? Clean moc style chukka, with a classic lug sole, whats wrong...

I mean... just to compare the pictures with a similar RM style. The hardware looks cheap and gaudy. The stiching looks shoddy. The branding is heinous. I'm really not feeling the boat shoe/moc boot styling. I'll venture that the materials are crap and the construction is not even close to what you'd find with RM, or any other handmade boot for that matter. They look to me like a pair of boots that would last you a year, not forever.

rmphsf.jpg

I should add, in general, the look of that boot isn't the worst thing I've ever seen. But when it comes down to actually spending money and wearing something like that...

Is not the Timberland EU product supposed to be several notches above the more pedestrian variety that we all know and avoid? Maybe it isn't a EU thing but they have a more robocoppable tier that perhaps is maybe a little more sufu-friendly than the tan nubuck jesuses (ubiquitous like him, i mean).

bobo, i have to side with docgnar on this one...are all boots that look the same the same quality? will they last and wear as long down the road? i have to bet that a pair of russ mocs is going to wear better and last longer than a pair of timberlands. maybe we are all just getting sold a bill of goods but i dont think so.

plus anyone that comes on sufu has to realize alot of people on this site are about going for products that are better made (and pricier) and therefore there probably are some brands that are "Sufu Approved" even if you think thats just "hot garbage"

its similar argument with jeans, most people cant tell the difference between gap and jap jeans....but does that mean there isnt a difference in quality and construction?

Not any Timberlands in here..this is the only pair I have ever bought and the quality seems good and they are aging quite nicely. Is there something about Timberland I don't know as far as quality? Also, where can those McCoys be purchased in the states?

Picture.jpg

gotta cop me them pink topped timbos ya dig?