Prefaded denim

I know this may sound absurd dumb blasphemous or whatever but please hear me out.

I am looking for some nice denim that come washed/faded i dont know the exact terminology.

I know everybody here would rather have a pair of samurais or pbjs and get the real deal in fading and so would I but with all the time I s-pend breaking in my current pair of samurais I need another pair that I can wear when not in the sams and that I dont need to try to clock more time in for fades. The reason I ask for prefaded/washed is solely because my denim wardrobe currently lacks that and I would like to diversify.

Hopefully somone can direct me to a quality (somewhat) authentic looking faded jean.

Thanks in advance,

(I know how to use the search but I need personal opinions)

collie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest supernoob
prps are overdone, looks hella unnatural. overpriced too

just like eternal's prewashies x_x;

et53099up1.jpg

it depend. they got sum lyk tht but i def recall seein a pair tht was vry nicely done imo.

Try and see some Denime washes in the flesh. Last time I dropped into a Denime store they had some very convincing washes on non selvedge denim, but they looked very much like real worn selvedge jeans. Complete with twisted seams.

Subtle. Without the exaggerated chevrons or honeycombs you often get. Like old 501s you'd find at a thrift store. If you wear those a few months and wash regularly, then I would doubt many people would be able to tell the difference.

Otherwise, have a look at RRL. Some nice washes there too and may be easier to get hold of, depending on your location.

LVC have some nice distressed models as well...quality leaves something to be desired though (US models anyway).

Just STAY AWAY from Sugarcane's "hardwash"...fuck they're ugly.

edit - LVC examples here.

i'd agree, i think LVC washes (the older ones) are incredible. about as real as you could get. i have the 55 old wash

I'd grab yourself a pair of 501 STFs. $50 and widely available in mall stores that try to "aim higher" in fashion selection.

I don't understand exactly why you want pre-faded, but I would guess that you want a pair a little more comfortable then the Sams to take a break in.

Follow that suggestion only if that's the case.

-JF

Getting a predistressed pair makes total sense. They do tend to come in more expensive at a given price, because the work and time needed to make a pair look convincing, probably equals that of putting the jeans together in the first place, so for a pair of 45rpm or other topline Japanese denim, you're looking at some of the priciest jeans there are.

In the past Diesel have produced great fades for the pricepoint, so have Gap even, so don't be ashamed of looking in their stores. But my favoured option might be to check out eBay for LVC - their washed jeans turn up at reasonable prices quite often, as they go on-sale far more often than the rigid versions - the 1933 501 reissue was available at half-price earlier in the year.

Getting a predistressed pair makes total sense. They do tend to come in more expensive at a given price, because the work and time needed to make a pair look convincing, probably equals that of putting the jeans together in the first place, so for a pair of 45rpm or other topline Japanese denim, you're looking at some of the priciest jeans there are.

In the past Diesel have produced great fades for the pricepoint, so have Gap even, so don't be ashamed of looking in their stores. But my favoured option might be to check out eBay for LVC - their washed jeans turn up at reasonable prices quite often, as they go on-sale far more often than the rigid versions - the 1933 501 reissue was available at half-price earlier in the year.

agreed.

here is my LVC 1955's

1527022730_3e8666a033.jpg

i really wish i could fit these