Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Bless sample sale :

Actually for S/S but so wack they were getting rid of it now - for 60$ I though it would be fun. Made of two layers of plastic, it feels like something you'd use to protect small trees from snow in the winter.

TS360128.jpg

TS360129.jpg

Leather Chain Bag - Never seen that in store, the retail was sooooooo expensive! it also doubles as a cool scarf IMO.

Raf Simons ankle boots

TS360130.jpg

... i want some Bless sample sale action...

since I couldnt drop mad numbers on a watch right now, I got this marina knock-off, it was made by some watch maker in nz. should be of high standard, atleast looks the part.

stuff_jan19.jpg

Interesting, I got an RXW MM20 about a year ago, it's made by a Japanese company called Ken Trading, very good stuff and much cheaper than the (overpriced) Panerai. Ken Trading can't sell them anymore though, kindda like what happened to Japanese denim and Levi's... I wouldn't call it a knock-off, coz they just pay homage to the original Italian military watch made actually by Rolex.

click on the following image for the flickr photoset on said watch... more info about my purchase at my blog.

64987977_1a56fb30e5.jpg

god those Kim Jones sneaks are hot -- are those new? Or old?

I think they're from the fall/winter collection. I saw them at Opening Ceremony when I went to New York City last week, but I didn't get them. Totally regretted it, then found the one store in Montreal to carry that line and picked them up today. I know you can get them online at www.shotgun.tv though...I just wanted them right now.

since I couldnt drop mad numbers on a watch right now, I got this marina knock-off, it was made by some watch maker in nz. should be of high standard, atleast looks the part.

I hope you didn't pay too much, since judging from the seconds hands it looks like an quartz watch or at best an auto.

I hope you didn't pay too much, since judging from the seconds hands it looks like an quartz watch or at best an auto.

how do you tell that just by a second hand? the pic didn't capture a jumping movement or anything... plus there are mechanical watches that actually have a jumping second hands, very difficult to do mechanically, and obviously worth over 100k to some...

how do you tell that just by a second hand? the pic didn't capture a jumping movement or anything... plus there are mechanical watches that actually have a jumping second hands, very difficult to do mechanically, and obviously worth over 100k to some...

well if it was anything like the original it would have a subdial @ 9 indicating it is a unitas 6497 movement like the one found inside your RXW. Or it would look a lot sharper without the second hand altogether. Mechanical watches with jumping second hands? I've never seen one but I would be impressed if there was because the beauty of automatic watches is the "sweep" of the second hands.

To note, the only "jumping" hands I have ever seen is the Franck Muller Crazy hours which the hour hand jumps to randomly placed numbers on the dial.

well if it was anything like the original it would have a subdial @ 9 indicating it is a unitas 6497 movement like the one found inside your RXW. Or it would look a lot sharper without the second hand altogether. Mechanical watches with jumping second hands? I've never seen one but I would be impressed if there was because the beauty of automatic watches is the "sweep" of the second hands.

To note, the only "jumping" hands I have ever seen is the Franck Muller Crazy hours which the hour hand jumps to randomly placed numbers on the dial.

haha, nice to find another horologist in the house (I am really not one, but I have good friends who hang out at The Purists and I lurk there from time to time)...

you are right, that was my impression when I first saw it, but then it's still hard to tell for sure. I remember the Datograph's minute accumulator is "jumping", like in most chronographs the minute accumulator starts moving like 5 seconds before the minute mark, but the Lange Datograph "jumps" at the minute time. There are mechanical watches with second hands that jump also, I forgot which ones... safe to assume they are very fucking expensive...

btw the crazy hour is a cool design, but the watch is busy as shit and I just don't really like most of the FM stuff... very very overpriced and overhyped...

samsikle, how much were those from BWS? My girlfriend bought me the kaws giraffe one from notone.com. I haven't even used it or anything cause my phone has nowhere to connect that thing to.

aww that sucks.. put it on your keychain.. or something. anyhow they were like 13 bucks each.

coldrice - okay okay fine. over priced monkey phone charms are my guilty pleasure.

hehe, there wasn't that mcuh nice stuff IMO, but it was cheap.

I've seen the grainy pictures of your Bless coat on SECRETSF, I know what secret amazing things you have hidden over in Japan mister!

[edit: hahahahahhaha xcoldricex]

god those Kim Jones sneaks are hot -- are those new? Or old?

they came out the 2nd season and are their biggest seller. they come out every season now.

Interesting, I got an RXW MM20 about a year ago, it's made by a Japanese company called Ken Trading, very good stuff and much cheaper than the (overpriced) Panerai. Ken Trading can't sell them anymore though, kindda like what happened to Japanese denim and Levi's... I wouldn't call it a knock-off, coz they just pay homage to the original Italian military watch made actually by Rolex.

click on the following image for the flickr photoset on said watch... more info about my purchase at my blog.

64987977_1a56fb30e5.jpg

this is way better then the bape knock off and the knowledge one. the panerai is design is actually based off a military one model. i assume this watch's movement is japanese...