Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

ha fallen i just got those mmm 2. great price, huh? i actually should have went with the 41, but got the 42s. what size did you kop? trade you a 42 for a 41.

hey, i also kopped a 42. luckily they run a little big so they fit me okay. awesome price .. i been wanting these for a year

What would the first style of shoe be called? Derby, or just a standard oxford? Winkle-picker? I'm looking for a shoe just like that for spring/summer/nicer occasions.

people call these oxfords, but by definition i think they're actually derbys.. i could be wrong

I was always led to believe Oxfords are more ornate - I know the costume name for a sorta upturned but simple shoe like that is Winkle-picker, but I dunno if thats an "official" term or even part of the real shoe lexicon.

I believe Winklepickers refer to a very elongated and pointed end on the last - in this case since there is no ornamentation on the shoes the difference between an oxford and a derby is whether or not the flaps that the shoelaces go through are sewn together. I was actually mistaken although I was looking for the right thing - these are Derbys because they are not sewn together at the bottom ("closed") unlike an Oxford which are "open".

I believe Winklepickers refer to a very elongated and pointed end on the last - in this case since there is no ornamentation on the shoes the difference between an oxford and a derby is whether or not the flaps that the shoelaces go through are sewn together. I was actually mistaken although I was looking for the right thing - these are Derbys because they are not sewn together at the bottom ("closed") unlike an Oxford which are "open".

so winklepickers=beatleboots?

someone pm me about getting these cheap mmm sneaks. size 43-44 though depending on how they run

I was always led to believe Oxfords are more ornate - I know the costume name for a sorta upturned but simple shoe like that is Winkle-picker, but I dunno if thats an "official" term or even part of the real shoe lexicon.
Those would be Oxfords, I believe.

fallen angel's shoes would be derby shoes. Oxford shoes have the front part stitched onto the back part and derby shoes are the reverse, with the back part stitch on top of the front. Thus, on oxfords, the vamp and tongue are separate pieces of leather while on a derby, the tongue and vamp are all one piece and the leather where the laces go are part of the back piece.

I thought bluchers are the ones with the flaps not sewn together and balmorals are with the flaps sewn down. right?

Does anyone in the states (or anywhere, really) call shoes bluchers or balmorals anymore? I've only ever heard of them as a "Well, they're the same thing, but no one actually says that anymore" sort of thing.

Always thought it was a more UK thing.

does anyone know where i can get those MMM sneakers in sz 44? they were on yoox up to sz 42 but im a big dude

just saw some 43's on ebay but prob too small. MMM's run true to size usually.

I want a pair of those too but I only want to pay about $200 at most for them. They're one of those shoes that looks much better in person too.

just saw some 43's on ebay but prob too small. MMM's run true to size usually.

I want a pair of those too but I only want to pay about $200 at most for them. They're one of those shoes that looks much better in person too.

i think they have the same sole as cp lanvin etc... so they probably fit a size bigger. wanted to buy them off yoox but sleeped on it and the 42 was gone :( ...

anything designer looks better in person! (at least 89% of the time)

I was kinda meh about Junya Watanabe ss09, but after a trip to the store today I nearly wanted to eat those Brooks Brothers jackets. That dark denim waistcoat with cream pinstripe back was also fucking delicious, I nearly walked right out the store with that thing on my back and not paying.

I got them at a store in Brooklyn. Found them for $60 cheaper at a store in Manhattan but there was a stain on the front. I have no dress wardrobe so I will be rocking them with my normal clothes.

I just got rubber soles put on the bottom or whatever...I might go pick up the black canvas ones also cuz they were super cheap.