Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Guest spazzz
I was speaking about a tendency I see in (very) amateur photographers not really targeting the OP, he might just be Irving Penn from all I know.

don't you have a dslr as well? taking blurry photos?

exactly. arrogant pussy.

you're the one hiding behind another username for the sole purpose of talkin shit and you callin me a pussy? get the fuck outta here. faggot spewin bullshit out yourself and expect people to suck your dick or something? why get your thong all twisted up as soon as someone speaks out against what you're sayin? and your callin ME a pussy and a child? get your head straight

Guest AKING
you're the one hiding behind another username for the sole purpose of talkin shit and you callin me a pussy? get the fuck outta here. faggot spewin bullshit out yourself and expect people to suck your dick or something? why get your thong all twisted up as soon as someone speaks out against what you're sayin? and your callin ME a pussy and a child? get your head straight

get your head straight. i didnt ask you to say anything everyone didn't already know. everyone already knows you're wack but you're too arrogant to admit it. then you wanna act like hot shit. "nigga please." i'm AKING, you're APAUPER.

don't you have a dslr as well? taking blurry photos?

Totally, I suck at photography (although I'm definitely better than when I take quick WAYWTs), hence I only use the kit lense and some other cheap 50mm because what would be the point of getting a product that is made for the professional or talented amateur that I am not. I have the functionality of a DSLR but I don’t need much beside that. I’m not planning to get a new body either as this one is fine for me. I'm a perfect example of a guy that would be retarded to buy L glass.

I don't agree with AKING's "don't hate" general statements at all buuuuut I say we should be egging on amateurs to buy really expensive as-hell glass that they won't use.

It increases the probability of slightly bargain-priced pristine condition premium lenses in the Ebay/used markets for bargain-minded photographers to take advantage of. Basically the only people over-active consumers are hurting are themselves.

I know Fuuma was just venting on the state of shallow bling-blinging but speculated sneering on speculated "n00bs" is just as shallow and wasteful as what he was venting about. There will always be amateurs and we all know how easily everyone (no matter what photog skill level) can fall into lens lust syndrome.

Speaking about consumerism I just recieved these grey raw cloaks after a year of searching for a second pair....

35411hy5.jpg

34661ey4.jpg

36391xe9.jpg

yummy silver selvage sulphur stink

I'm thinking of eventually trading these in for a size 33 ... where these ever made in that size?

sold, but my cousin's trying to do pickups tonight or tomorrow morning. will cop what i can, we can straigthen out money/paypal/whatever later if successful.

kunk you wanna hook a big footed brotha up with one of those pairs of cp's you grabbed?

^ I have a yashica electro as well... you can create your own battery adapter or you can order some on ebay from people who make them

1455782861_d5b6943d81_m.jpg

here is a pic of mine ^

btw - if you need info on batteries and things, I can help.

whoever here with a 35L or 85L or other fast L primes, if you can't figure out why most shit comes out blurry when you shoot at large apertures, I'll tell you that the lens is broken and you should send it to me.

^ I have a yashica electro as well... you can create your own battery adapter or you can order some on ebay from people who make them

here is a pic of mine ^

btw - if you need info on batteries and things, I can help.

I've heard that you can fit a 5.6v battery using some cardboard and a spring. I think I'll try that route and if it doesn't work out I'll ask. :) Thanks.

indesertum, I was lazy and copped a battery adaptor off of ebay for a few bucks. It's my favorite of the few cameras I have. You got it with the extra wide angle attachment? did you get the extra viewfinder as well?

Mine came with instructions and the telephoto attachment.

Don't know you so don't know if that's your case but I can't believe the number of people who buy L glass and have the shooting habits of a point and clicker. Most people doing photography are like the fat kids who got the coolest dunks but can't do shit on the court. Get a fucking 50mm 1.8 and your kit lense and start taking pictures wankers!!
Lulz at disposable income.
nah. think about it for a minute. you white people are all hung up on that "horatio algers" or "underdog" story where someone does well with little means. that's not the reality. the reality is that if you're serious about something then you should take whatever means necessary to succeed at it. if that means buying the best equipment for your task then that's all there is to it.

why do you think baseball players cork their bats?

why do you think tennis players try to get the best equipment?

why do you think that businesses try to get the best technology?

I think what they're saying is that he possibly spent too much money on something he wouldn't be able to get the full value out of possibly because his photography skills suck. that's the negative, not that the lens themselves affect his skills negatively. Anyways, a lot of speculation from fuuma and probably unnecessary hate against potential noobs. Do you guys actually know of people who spend a lot of money on cameras and lenses they never use in real offline life? most amateurs i know buy sigma or tamron lenses because they can't justify the extra money for faster or more comfortable focusing from canon or nikkor lenses.
Ok a 35mm 1.4 does absolutely nothing in the hands of an unskilled photographer, that's exactly the point we're making. The only thing it does is make people laugh when they see the kid with the L glass who can't even hold his camera properly.
Totally, I suck at photography (although I'm definitely better than when I take quick WAYWTs), hence I only use the kit lense and some other cheap 50mm because what would be the point of getting a product that is made for the professional or talented amateur that I am not. I have the functionality of a DSLR but I don’t need much beside that. I’m not planning to get a new body either as this one is fine for me. I'm a perfect example of a guy that would be retarded to buy L glass.

Wow.... who knew sharing a new buy would cause such a flame war.

Fuuma i totally agree with your first statement even if it might of been indirectly towards me.... A few things i disagree with is i don't know to many people who have L glass and KNOW the value of L glass for which they buy L glass and don't know what its used for. Most L primes fit a specific need it is either a specialty lens (14mm, TS-E, 180 macro), extremely sensitive to light (24/1.4, 35/1.4, 50/1.0, 85/1.2, 135/2), etc. Usually if you do enough research on why L glass is so pro... you would also indirectly stumble upon that other information on what that specific lens is used for.

So maybe that particular person feels that that lens suits there particular need.

Myself personally do not call myself a pro or a talented photographer. Photography is just the means i use to capture composition and detail. I'm an architectural student and photography is used as a technique in design. Compositing a picture is exactly the same as design a building, drawing, painting, or writing a novel. Attention to detail is key. This is where the difference lies between people with point and shoot and even zoom SLR. They dont pay attention to composition or the detail.

In relation to sidneylo comment of disposable income. I was awarded 2 nation and 1 international merit of design awards. The cash prize was used to fund my education it just so happened that i used it for this lens.

beside is the cost of this lens really a big deal? OR the PRO stats it carries? This goes for anyone if you know how to use a SLR and you can afford a good lens you should buy it. Lens always last longer then bodies and i would recommend get the most expensive lens you can afford. maybe thats only the kit lens, maybe thats a tokina, maybe thats a "L".

AKING i think your totally right... it is true having better equipment does help. Only If you know what your doing with your equipment. Having a 500 hp car doesnt make you a race car driver.

Indesertum you are very insightful.. but i must disagree with the price thing again... really

XT body is like 400

fast L prime is like 1000 (give or take)

total: 1400

40d KIT is like 1400...

Fuuma i think your hole take on "35L does absolutely nothing in the hands of an unskilled photographer..." doesnt make any sense... So you tell me who is a skilled photographer? Who is deserving of a 35L? Just because there a red ring around the lens doesnt make it pro or for talented amateurs its a product design for everyone and anyone who knows what its made for... . I bet if i posted a nikkor 85mm 1.4 lens or a nikkor 24mm 3.5D there wouldn't be a post war. people can say exactly the same thing about people who have macbook pros, who wear dior denim, rock 600 dollar jordans, or ride full NJS track bike. just seems like more hipster hating to me really. This is directed to nobody in particular but just seems like because whoever feels like they were into it first and they think they know best they're obligated to force there opinions on everyone else.

L glass is a luxury hence the "L" but its made for everyone you shouldn't be stop from buying it because you think its only for pro or talented photographers. For many people this is there hobble (talented or not). Instead of buying expensive denim they buy expensive lens.

Talent has nothing to do with it. But you would prolly need to know what the specific lens is used for it just happens that there is an "L" attached to the lens that fits my needs. If it didn't have the red ring i would still have bought exactly the same lens, because it fits my needs. You have no clue what i will be using this lens for and Im pretty sure you don't know the intentions of EVERYONE you see with L glass. You should stop assume its a bad habitat.

indesertum, I was lazy and copped a battery adaptor off of ebay for a few bucks. It's my favorite of the few cameras I have. You got it with the extra wide angle attachment? did you get the extra viewfinder as well?

Mine came with instructions and the telephoto attachment.

Actually the guy sent the wide angle for free, but I don't think he sent the viewfinder. But I heard the wide angle is more like a 40mm and it's seems really annoyng to use it. I think I'll fiddle around with it to see if I like it, but I'll probably just use the normal lens.