Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Is that suit pic not meant to be in What are you wearing today?

Latest purchases:

newboots2ex3.th.jpgnewbootsrr1.th.jpg

First ones are Timberland Boot Company (their vintage/heritage line) and the other ones are from Ravel. Not 100% sure about either of them but they were both cheap (£23 for Timberlands and £5 for the Ravels) so I thought I'd chance it.

kenzo.jpg

A new Kenzo Homme suit, a Fabio Inghrami shirt, a crappy old tie and some old vans.

I'm just going to assume that you're not going to wear those shoes with that jacket and address the other issues: First, you need the sleeves moved up so that between, IMO, about a half inch to an inch of your cuff is showing, assuming that your cuff is landing in the right spot, i.e., right at the top of your wrist. The jacket fits a little like a sack overall, so definitely take it to a good tailor and he should be able to fix that up pretty well.

The pants are too long for you. They're clearly bunching up in a completely unflattering way. Try a smaller size or also take them to a tailor. Personally, I think smaller size would really fix the width-silhouette issue and probably shorten them.

Finally, pick up a nice pair of dress shoes, if you haven't already. A good introduction to dress shoes is a pair of Allen Edmonds. If you want something nicer, The Sartorialist recently posted some pictures of some incredible Lidfort's, although they're quite a bit more expensive.

Anyway, if any other sartorialist's want to post some more information hopefully they can corrent any mistakes I might've made.

Anyway, good luck with the suit.

(Edit: if you really insist on wearing sneakers, then I've seen people pull it off with those patent leather Marc Jacobs x Vans in certain colorways. That's pretty much the only one I can think of right now)

new martin m. aids v-neck. purple on black. snore...

w-taps vans oldschool hi.

american rag cie hi-top origianl german trainers in black.

used parliament tobacco t-shirt.

la pure condoms.

road bikes are faster, lighter, and more aesthetically pleasing for my needs (urban commuting). toronto is totally flat so gears are unnecessary. and derailleurs are an attraction to theives. however, unlike every other north american city, road bikes aren't the trend here... cruisers are.

newbike.jpg

yes yes yes. the months of saving were well worth it.

my dad bought an $800 lance armstrong bike (i dont know the model as its not here in japan with us right now) and has never ridden it. i took it out for a ride once and he got pissed. he says hes saving it for retirement or something.

he has a wierd adoration for lance. i once told him he was dead, and he almost cried.

I'm just going to assume that you're not going to wear those shoes with that jacket and address the other issues:........ edit ......only one I can think of right now[/i])

Thanks for the tips. No, those shoes and that tie were just hanging around. On the look out for shoes. Your suggestions are certainly welcomed. Off to the tailor I go.... ;)

Dude, the croc hunter steve irwin is dead! Stingray stuck him through the chest! Poor guy, I used to hate him but I feel so sad for him now!

Poor guy...

he was shooting a documentary at the time. australia is in a state of mourning! sad stuff...

at least he died doing what he loved.

over here zara actually has pretty nice shoes every now and then!

and about the suit x sneakers thing, IMO it can look good if done correctly. I've worn my marc jacobs vans' with a suit to work and I think it looks good. nowadays I wear jeans and a blazer much more often though, but anyways..