Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I think a lot of people should start dropping out of the contest... It's not like anybody really has any chances against my sandpaper legs and brick ass. I am looking to qualify for the denim olympics with this contest. Future hall of famer here.

Also, do you really think you will get $200, when most paid $145?

alraedy sold :)

looking at the jeans

i think the hardware makes them even more unique

especially with the lil tufts of denim sticking out of them...i love it

i really hope Gordon could put me in for a 32. i'm on wait list. can't email him, gmail's down...

send him a message from Big's website. they're pretty good about answering it.

alraedy sold :)

Holy shit... I shoulda bought like ten pairs and sold them to a bunch of beasting johnny-come-latelys for a sweet profit.

#142 here. got them last week, but it took me a few days to get around to dealing with them...

4 hour hot soak, then washed without detergent and dried in the dryer.

picking them up today from BIG where i got them hemmed to a 34L.

really like the denim weight/quality and dont mind the rusted hardware...

i got 31W, and could have gone down one more I now realize, but overall satisfied with them. looking forward to wearing them now...

on a side note, the natural indigo fullcounts @ BIG are fucking gorgeous.

1809509043_a81002ebe2_o.jpg

Picture taken just after they came from the tub, still soaking wet.

Size: 31

Contestant: nr 31

Date: 31/10/07

Sized down one from my regular 32, soaked twice in the hottest water I could get from the tap both times roughly 6 hours and changed the water once.

Drip dry.

Have fit pics after the initial soak, already pretty damn happy with the fit, but decided to soak another time considering these might still stretch a fair bit.

1810354074_a04c71895c.jpg

This picture was taken after the 1st soak, so I expect them to be a bit slimmer now, they're currently drying.

Now to decide if I'm going to give up my current project, hmmmmm

denimdilemma.....

so im guessing most everyone went down 2 sizes? im a perfect 36 in everything and am debating wether to get a 33 or 34. also would you guys say they are "slim" fitting?I am looking for mine to fit similar to Rok's fit. thanks

disclaimer: i wear a 36 in sammies, 36 in levis, and 35 in apcs

i tried on a pair of hot washed, tumble dried size 34 BIGxWH's at BIG a few weeks ago. they were EXTREMELY tight. there was no shot at me getting the top button done. i'm not sure how much stretch these guys have, but keep that in mind...

disclaimer: i wear a 36 in sammies, 36 in levis, and 35 in apcs

i tried on a pair of hot washed, tumble dried size 34 BIGxWH's at BIG a few weeks ago. they were EXTREMELY tight. there was no shot at me getting the top button done. i'm not sure how much stretch these guys have, but keep that in mind...

I wear a 36 in PBJ XX-007s, but the waist is loose. The legs are nearly perfect, I can bicycle ALMOST without constriction, but they don't sit loosely anywhere. I wear a 34 in Iron Heart 1634s but the waist always stretches to 35.75".

I tried on the 660 in a 34 and a 36 at BiG. The 34 fit perfectly around my waist, but the pants were painted on through the thighs. The 36 fit comfortably if a little loosely, but there were a few inches of slack in the waist.

1809509043_a81002ebe2_o.jpg

Sized down one from my regular 32, soaked twice in the hottest water I could get from the tap both times roughly 6 hours and changed the water once.

Drip dry.

Have fit pics after the initial soak, already pretty damn happy with the fit, but decided to soak another time considering these might still stretch a fair bit.

1810354074_a04c71895c.jpg

This picture was taken after the 1st soak, so I expect them to be a bit slimmer now, they're currently drying.

denimdilemma.....

it's kind of strange to see cotton in slimmer jeans. they fit great cd

Drip dry.

this post put all my worries about sizing at bay... jeans are waiting at the post office for me... can't wait to get off work...

[itatic.flickr.com/2143/1809509043_a81002ebe2_o.jpg[/img]

Drip dry.

farm3.static.flick_a04c71895c.jpg

denimdilemma.....

i agree with poly. fits great on you.

number 188 reporting for duty SAH!

anyways the first shots are pre-soak, then soak, then tub water, then post-soak fitzzzz

they were soaked in hot water for about 2.5-3.0 hours, and then i threw them in the dryer for about 45 minutes on high to speed up the shrinking process

it was weird, when i pulled them out of the dryer, they were super super soft...ALMOST flimsy with no real substance...they were barely damp from the soak and dry and i decided to hang dry it to completion overnight...VOILA! They were super stiff again...good stuff!

these jeenz are beautiful...from the patch, to the darker colored rivets with the tufts of denim coming out...i just love it.

img1408oc2.jpg

img1409bo5.jpg

img1409bo5.e596c1a1c8.jpg

img1410xk8.jpg

img1413ak9.jpg

yes, they do look very nice

im soaking mine right now - i got a sz 27 eventhough i usually wear 30.

lets see how that goes...

Cool. Almost went this route as well, but didn't have the balls to. Post-measurements/impressions/fit pics would be awesome.

I know emaze sized down 3 as well I think, but kind of curious to see how they work out for others that took the super sufu leap down 3+ plus.

Didn't someone mentioned earlier about Gordon being a trading hub for those who want to trade their jeans? It might be a bit difficult for me to trade since I had them hemmed to 33" post soak (that and I need to size down 2 from 34 to 32). I've given mine one day of wear, and even though it's a nice fit now, I get the feeling that after a good few weeks of wear, it may stretch out to unwearable. I'm going to have to let them go if I can't trade. I'll be waiting to unload these on the 13th. :(