Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Edmond.... Are you just jealous because you don't have a single pair of jeans that shows decent wear? Maybe if you spent more time wearing your jeans than buying them then you wouldn't feel so down and cranky. Does baby edmond need a nap?

SLAB, yeah I had the suspender buttons attached courtesy of Stronghold, and yeah I have a toddler running around the house so my jeans have massive knee wear. To the point where there are holes on one knee.

theyre definitely better than mrs. witch's pair waaay better

Funny that this got an infraction- I think that wast ist lost's leg fades look weird. The lap fades and honeycombs look great, but on the leg fades just look folded and sanded. RNR's look more natural, and the fact that he added suspender buttons and did not hem at all add to the overall look.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to was ist los? again.

Idk if they are sanded or not (I think not) but those are great anyway you put it and if I could sandpaper mine to make them look like that, I just might...

First off, thanks for all the compliments guys.

but on the leg fades just look folded and sanded.

I would like to clarify that I NEVER sandpapered the jeans, nor did I pinch them. I do not know how I could prove this. Anyways, here's a closer up pic that may hopefully disprove the sanding, but if some still believe, so be it.

IMG_0083-1.jpg

I am surprised by the current fading and creasing because my LVC 47s turned out very differently. A pic for comparison, both with roughly the same time of wear.

IMG_0080.jpg

As far as them looking supernatural, that made my day, and I'll take that as a compliment. ;)

I am surprised by the current fading and creasing because my LVC 47s turned out very differently. A pic for comparison, both with roughly the same time of wear.

I dunno.

The Warehouses definitely have the prettier fade patterns, but I'd say that's due to the different denim used.

Besides that, I'd say that the fades on the LVCs look similar. The whiskers are similarly spaced and curved and occur in mostly the same places. It's just a bit different because of the cut and denim.

Either way, still freaking incredible.

Don't think I'll post update pics yet. Probably an update in September or October. Don't plan on washing these anytime soon.

Oh and I can see where Joe E Taleo's coming from with the "sandpaper" comment. Some of the lines in the earlier set of pics looked too perfectly straight. But the more detailed shots show the subtleness of it better. So yeah, I doubt sandpaper.

Even if those jeans are sandpapered ( I don't think they are) I don't see why people are so against this - and starching for that matter. In the end it still brings out a pair of jeans unique to the owner.

I guess in this case being a "contest" I can see why it's frowned apon but overall I think that if you go and distress your jeans manually you're just helping along the canvas that denim is anyway. In this end it just looks like art (grungy, smelly, dirty art) which is why we like denim so much I guess.

I wouldn't sandpaper my own jeans personally since the last time I tried it, it looked like crap anyway - but if you've got a talent for that kinda thing - why not?

I think was ist los' jeans look pretty good and if he did sand them (which I doubt) it is almost indistinguishable. I still vote for mine. I am not biased or anything :)

Those levis and 660s seem to have similar wear patterns on the lap and combs. I assume the major difference is the denim differences.

Here is my pair. Not as nice or nearly as much wear as rnr or was. I got some repairs done as well at BiG.

DSC02349-1.jpg

DSC02353-1.jpg

DSC02358-1.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

The repairs done on the right leg got frayed on the first day due to the velcro on my Prison Issues.

DSC02361.jpg

DSC02363.jpg

DSC02364.jpg