Photo log of a messy roommate

sidneylo

i live with one other guy and 2 girls and honestly it's the perfect setup. Living with 3 other guys would pretty much be hell.

And to be honest I usually have about 1 day worth of dishes stashing up in my room, just because i can't be bothered to wash after every meal. Also there's papers all over the place whenever i'm done looking for something.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least your roommate never left any dirty knickers in the bathroom or in the fricken sitting room (what the fuck?)... to top it off when her Mum was back the last weekend I was there, even her MUM left dirty knickers in the bathroom hanging on the radiator. Just wrong. Just so very wrong. The latest I heard from my friend who's still living there, was that there were green slugs roaming around on the kitchen floor. Certainly went down hill since my absence.

Sorry no photos of said underwear...

No need for the racist tone rirawin

Who among us can say that they haven't left partially consumed food items laying around for weeks on end. I know I have. Has there been some sort of carbon dating on it? Do we really know just how old that pudding is?

At least she has the lysol out in case of an emergency.

(10)

I had a roommate in college that went on a weekend camping trip and brought back a huge cooler full of melted ice and stuffed with the weekends leftovers: hot dog buns, hamburger patties, produce, etc. Anyways, he decides to NOT EMPTY the cooler out and leaves it in our living room for close to two months. Since it was a really nice cooler, and had a tight rubber seal around it, no one noticed there was anything wrong until one of us opened it and filled the room with the most disgusting smell I have ever encountered.......tons of green and black sludge......I feel sick just thinking about it.

After I set up my tripod 10 ft high and auto-timer... I walked out of the room to find a popsicle stick with chocolate intact... stuck to the bottom of my shoe. *ugh*

how is she going to hook up in that filthy room? there's no room to maneuver, let alone get horizontal.

this brings back some memories.

i once had a housemate who worked for someone who made jewelry. she would come home covered with dust. she would leave a trail of footprints down the hall in gem-polishing dust (I think that's what it was.) Each footprint surrounded by a little foot-shaped ring of dust.

she also liked to eat while talking on the phone. one time i was using the phone and noticed a rancid smell. i looked at the mouthpiece and there was part of a brownie mashed down into the holes in the mouthpiece, mixed with her saliva, rotting.

J****** was nothing compared to a later housemate, G*******, though. G would gradually accumulate all the bowls, mugs and spoons in the house into her attic room, where mold would grow on the remains of the coffee, hot chocolate, cereal and ice cream. When there were no more dishes, the rest of the housemates would take turns going up to G's room to retrieve the moldy dishes from among the heaps of mildewed towels, crumb-covered blankets and dirty clothing strewn around.

I haven't seen any pics that come close to the horrors of G's room, but Sidney, I think your housemate shows some promise.

As for talking to slobby housemates, I have found that it doesn't have any effect on their habits; they are most likely to say something along the lines of "you're not the boss of me!"

sidneylo, there is a perfect test to determine just how mesey your roommate is.

poop in one of the four corners of her room, and leave it there

then see how long it takes her to notice it and clean it

i would add to conceal it, but from that picture i can barely see any floor anyways

As for talking to slobby housemates, I have found that it doesn't have any effect on their habits; they are most likely to say something along the lines of "you're not the boss of me!"

26vxxa

Shit... I once subletted my room and I came back a few days early without notice. When I opened the door I found the place very similar to that photo. There was pizza and cans of unfinished soda all over. I swear girls are the nastiest.

None of this is very extreme - I lived in a house once that had burn marks all over the kitchen linoleum. Turns out the inhabitants before me had gotten a bunch of Popeyes chicken eaten it, and then threw the bones under the sink. They left them there for a few weeks and when they finally opened up the cabinet, hordes of cockroaches came out scurrying everywhere. So these two dudes got a blow torch and chased the cockroaches around the kitchen, burning them into the floor.

I had a friend last year who broke his leg, so a his roommate and I decided it would be nice to clean his side of the room so he could get around easier. After getting rid of his clothes pile we found a pot of what I think was dried up ramen with a metal spoon in it. You'd think that's not too bad...until I tired to seperate the spoon from the pot and couldn't. I had to hold the pot-spoot combo by the spoon and bang it against the floor a few times to make it seperate.

Needless to say I don't offer to help clean anymore.

None of this is very extreme - I lived in a house once that had burn marks all over the kitchen linoleum. Turns out the inhabitants before me had gotten a bunch of Popeyes chicken eaten it, and then threw the bones under the sink. They left them there for a few weeks and when they finally opened up the cabinet, hordes of cockroaches came out scurrying everywhere. So these two dudes got a blow torch and chased the cockroaches around the kitchen, burning them into the floor.

That's some Gibby Haynes level shit right thur.

Yeah... there are two of 'em in this household.

Shiiiiiiiieeeet.

I also lived with two girls my soph. year in college. if u ain't tappin, there's nothing to be had from living with girls -- except for never-ending bickering and a constant headache.

also, my new roomate(male) is pretty messy. it's always annoying when you take the time clean, only to find the same area dirty-as-hell less than 24 hours later...

I live with 2 guys and they b clean. the girl I used to live with was a clean freak and I would find her at 4am scrubbing behind the bathroom cabinet. so not all girls are nasty...

I give thanks to g-sus that I've never encountered anyone that's been this kinda dirty.