shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

zenii there is just so much wrong with your logic, I don't even know where to begin.

Ok maybe here:

Is someone putting a gun to your head forcing you to drink that coke with 42 grams of sugar? Or eat Big Macs every day?
Most of America is fat because of the way the food industry works.

Hocus is right. And you're saying "guhhh no one said you HAVE to drink that bottle of Coke". Well I got news for you, anything that doesn't have high fructose cornsyrup in it (corn in some form, alongside soy, is in something like 90% of all packaged, processed goods), likely still has comparatively high amounts of sugar in it. Even vegetables have been genetically modified or at the very least bred to have higher sugar deposits. So no, unless you live in a forest and subside on roots and leaves, you're eating sugar, and likely plenty of it.

Secondly, combine the first quote with this one:

As for kids who "give you hell for not taking them to McDonalds", it's called discipline.

And you get:

Let's clear something up. You're on sufu, therefore, you're more likely than not financially secure and comfortable to some degree. You probably don't have kids, a mortgage, maybe you're a student. You obviously have plenty of free time. (I don't have any of these things either) The way you talk, you likely don't know shit about the world most of lower middle class and likely all of lower class Americans live in daily. These people can't afford "fresh" ingredients, (fresh meat and vegetables are way more expensive than packaged, processed meals) they don't have the time to cook meals from scratch 'like our grandparents did' (which, by the way, doesn't take 30 minutes like Rachel Ray-tard might have you believe). You gonna work an 8 hour shift to come home and cook for two hours and then go work your second job? Nah, so fuck your preaching.

In summation:

Go watch something like Food Inc, it'll make you slightly less ignorant, maybe.

Yeah this really all depends upon your income and education level. The community you live in mediates your behavior and decision making as well. It's easy to say someone is stupid when they're bombarded by mainstream media and fast food advertising from day 1, which is compounded by the fact that they may live in a poor neighborhood, have a shitty education, and have fewer options in general. I've never been to the bay area, but there are places in this country where a big mac is cheaper than a grocery store salad. Not to say that there aren't exceptions. Sorry to get academic here but this is my field.

EDIT: What lak said... though the part in Food Inc about "voting with your dollar" for the food industry to make healthier products kind of sucks. Corporate owned organic farms on as mass level are still furthering deforestation, taking advantage of the cheap labor and land in poor countries. Honestly ignorance is bliss sometimes.

I'm imagining a lot of you being american and complaining about it.

We got it worse over here in europe, especially up north where the healthcare system works so well.

Here we are with our taxes paying for every obeese person.

You got sick because of your overweight? "Free" healthcare will take care of you.

Social conscience is going down the drain.

If this is not making a lot of sense it's because i just woke up.

Edit Smashcut to the frontpage of the our biggest newschannel where one of the news are:

"Every third patient with smokers lungs feels like the national healthcare system isn't helping them enough with quitting the smokes"

Christ, what have this world come to?

Bite the sour apple, bitches!