Long distance running saved my life...

brightbill

longest run i've done since getting it is a 6 miler at 6:50ish mile pace. slowly getting rid of this achilles tendinosis that flared up again after my last half marathon.

Oh man that's crazy! I do 4.5 at 7:30 when I run and I'm exhausted after.

injured my fucking thigh again over winter break. i did that in the late summer too and i couldn't run for like 6-7 weeks. i'm pretty sure it's going to be exactly the same thing again. really annoying since i can't even bike either. hopefully in two weeks i'll be good again but it's killing me to wait

Oh man that's crazy! I do 4.5 at 7:30 when I run and I'm exhausted after.

feelsgood.jpg

you're not that far off. i'd like to be able to keep that pace for a half marathon and get in the 1:20s, but i keep having this nagging injury pop up and fuck up my training for a month or two at a time, so i haven't been able to ramp up my mileage and keep it consistent for a while.

Edited by Rob060

an hour of 30 second sprints, holy shit i would be chundering all over what ever surface i was running on haha.

been tryna run whilst roadtripping the states squeezed in runs in yosemite, grand canyon, san fran and the oregon coast. really enjoying running again, had forgot how great a way it is to see places.

I'm fairly new to running, but I've been enjoying it quite a lot lately. But i've been bothered where to leave my keys and iphone while running. both my shorts and leggings got pockets, but i hate running with things in those pockets.

what do you guys use to keep your stuff in? ive been looking into waistbags for running (wearing across chest), but cant seem to find a decent one.

I have a few pairs of Gyakusou tights which have a handy zip pocket on the back which is perfect for keeping keys snug and thus stopping them from jingling. I also have various running jackets suitable for whatever weather Vancouver throws at me - each with pockets for carrying a phone and other items. I tend to run with my debit card (for post run stops) and drivers license (so they can ID my body when they find it in the woods).

• 3 weeks later...

i would presume nike+ would have the ability to create teams/clubs? endomondo definitely does and it has a more "community interaction" kinda vibe to it. you can make routes to race on, clubs, teams, comment on runs and check break downs of each others runs.

Whats the appeal with nike+ (generally speaking)??

Whats the appeal with nike+ (generally speaking)??

I only started using Nike+ because I am running along with others and they were using it so I got used to it. It isn't as good as the Garmin GPS in that it doesn't measure heart rate or altitude gain but it is serviceable and easy for people to get access to in that they can get the chip or band if necessary and it seems to work well with Apple products including the various iPods.

can't stand running with a phone. only use a garmin, otherwise i'd join in. upping my training slowly as i have a half marathon in june. let up a little bit after my last half in november, trying to shake some tendinnosis.

Edited by Rob060