The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Here's my pair of recently retired Earnest Sewn Rottons after 3 months of wear, almost everyday. They just became too baggy, even after 1 wash and also a soak. I picked up a pair of New Standards last week, they feel stiffer than the ES, so I'm hoping they will fare better.

es1.jpg

es2.jpg

^^ your jeans got too baggy so for your new pair you buy the ones that are notorious for stretching out more than any other jeans. Im assuming (and hoping) you sized down accordingly.

Yes, and yes. I should have sized down on the Earnest Sewns but didn't know much at the time.

yes, i ruined the jeans :(

starch and 6 months no wash is no good.

i hope my eternals don't end up like that.

i dont particularly like how contrasty the honey combs are and how they ended up with tears at the creases

the roping effect on the hem is nice however

whatever meng, i think they look great. not everyones got the same approach to it all and yours might ahve had some light effects on the honeycombs but shit i have light bits like that on most of my jeans even those a rarely starched. but they look fucking great still keep on keepin on.

CDP-555 Guitar Wolf.... 2 more months passed... have you guys ever seen such stubborn indigo? I think thats almost 7 months now, 3 washes, one was at 2 months, the others some time after.. thinking about doing another soon.. shitty phone cam pic... the fade is generally just an 'all over' fade in areas of wear, not really any whiskers or anything.. probably have something to do with the first wash at 2 months, after being soft, its hard to get pronounced wear on these

67fi0wl.jpg

headtowall - those are fuckin sexy! any washes/soaks? pics of them laid out?

Thanks. They've been washed twice thus far. Going camping with some friends tonight, so they'll probably get washed again pretty soon.

Right now I'm cameraless, so no up-to-date laid out pictures right now. The one above is from a party this past weekend that I found on Facebook. Will post better shots when next I'm able.

Guest El Salvador
It's dry indigo, actually. The lighting and shitty camera pic made them look black.

Yeah reg. dry/ dry indigo whatever. You know what I meant ;) Thought they were the dry blacks at first. Nonetheless you've got some crazy fading and I like 'em a lot!

Wild Nudies all over this page.

APC New Standards around 15 months. Rip/blow out free. Probably the sturdiest jeans I've ever had.

apc15months.jpg

Holy shit. those look hella nice. got a pic by itself or in a different angle?

Holy shit. those look hella nice. got a pic by itself or in a different angle?
Right now I'm cameraless, so no up-to-date laid out pictures right now. The one above is from a party this past weekend that I found on Facebook. Will post better shots when next I'm able.