The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Something different to show... these are a pair of basic 501s that I picked up at Goodwill in pretty much fine condition (one small knee hole) but already faded to a light blue for three bucks, three years ago. They've been in a lot of mud, dirt, parties, gardens, what have you, since then.

Only reason for showing it now... I looked at the tag recently and, sure enough, they were 501XX's. Once raw and shrink-to-fit. None of the fading that is desired here (honeycombs, whiskers, etc), but still I found it amazing the sheer color loss from indigo to this.

photo17yl6.jpg

photo18rs7.jpg

Remains of tag (and some of the darker original color underneath):

photo19ar3.jpg

this is the most ignorant and retarded post i have ever seen on superdenim.

You are a fuckin idiot. he made a valid observation and you are acting like a dick just because...

Just because the same person wears two different jeans, DOES NOT mean it will yield the same patterns. Or else all our jeans will look the same. Don't you think dick?

You are a fuckin idiot. he made a valid observation and you are acting like a dick just because...

Just because the same person wears two different jeans, DOES NOT mean it will yield the same patterns. Or else all our jeans will look the same. Don't you think dick?

yes it will yield the same patterns as long as you wear them the same way(waist-wise).

but maybe you can also argue with dick danger, the owner of the jeans and who seems to think the same way.

all the jeans i have worn from raw for the last 3 years(3 pairs) have acquired very similar fading pattern. i think this is actually easy to comprehend if you spend more than 5 seconds thinking about it.

but don't worry, next time i will think twice about making negative comments about your fiancé.

now stfu

yes it will yield the same patterns as long as you wear them the same way(waist-wise).

but maybe you can also argue with dick danger, the owner of the jeans and who seems to think the same way.

all the jeans i have worn from raw for the last 3 years(3 pairs) have acquired very similar fading pattern. i think this is actually easy to comprehend if you spend more than 5 seconds thinking about it.

now stfu

well... jeans fit differently regardless of whether or not they fit the same in the waist. unless of course they are the same cut etc. (obviously).

the top block of a pair of jeans never changes enough to make much a difference on the whiskers you get on them. the difference in rise length pretty much only affects the placement of the whiskers, not their patterns.

edit:

of course, if the jeans are more skinny, you will get more contrasting colour on the honeycombs, but the pattern is always the same

i haven't noticed any difference from my own experience. whiskers on the jeans are much more influenced on the way you move your legs instead of the kind of denim. i have never worn nothing higher than 17oz though, but i don't think it makes much sense to think that it would be behave differently. i could be wrong here though, never really thought about it before

i haven't noticed any difference from my own experience. whiskers on the jeans are much more influenced on the way you move your legs instead of the kind of denim. i have never worn nothing higher than 17oz though, but i don't think it makes much sense to think that it would be behave differently. i could be wrong here though, never really thought about it before

I think it should be a difference between for example left hand twill, broken twill and right hand twill.

edit:

of course, if the jeans are more skinny, you will get more contrasting colour on the honeycombs, but the pattern is always the same

What about the folks with the extremely tight jeans that get these perfectly horizontal whiskers?

Anyway, no need to be an ass about a simple observation, no matter how obvious it could have been. Dick can kind of get away with it though, cuz he's usually kinda witty about it and that's just his character around here.

What about the folks with the extremely tight jeans that get these perfectly horizontal whiskers?

Anyway, no need to be an ass about a simple observation, no matter how obvious it could have been. Dick can kind of get away with it though, cuz he's usually kinda witty about it and that's just his character around here.

i meant to say whiskers, not honeycombs, sorry

but don't worry, next time i will think twice about making negative comments about your fiancé.

now stfu

Now THAT IS THE MOST IGNORANT SHIT I'VE EVER READ...

If you actually think about something for more than a minute you wouldn't be saying dumb shit like that...

let's just think...

How many jeans have WE seen that have been worn by the same person and have wildly different fading?

The wearer is NOT the only variable idiot. The actual jeans matter.

Right now I have 3 different jeans with 3 different patterns...I'm sure others do too.

Don't believe me? LOOK AT THE F-ING EVO THREAD