The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I can show you what happends with japan evisu when you wear them from factory new.

you get Cracks in the high distress points like whiskers and honeycombs, theese will eventually turn in to rips or maybe some loose threads. wich do look cool, but as it is now, they just look nasty.

rip.jpg

I can show you what happends with japan evisu when you wear them from factory new.

you get Cracks in the high distress points like whiskers and honeycombs, theese will eventually turn in to rips or maybe some loose threads. wich do look cool, but as it is now, they just look nasty.

rip.jpg

It is ridiculous how nice evisu jeans are. I am just $#!t sick of those damn gulls on the back of them.

Quote:

Are the Evisu sold in America the EU ones, Japanese ones, or a mixture of both?

--- Original message by PG2G on May 4, 2006 06:29 PM

both, depends on where you buy, glad evisu's got some respect...agree, a lot of people hate, but they have no idea what they're talking about...wish the 2001 cut didnt have such a wide ass cut...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

by collection... yeah, tags or if you know the styles.

you can tell the difference between the japanese ones and the other ones by the gull. the japanese ones have skinnier and different looking gulls.

Ok here's another update for all the denim perverts out there. I washed my A.P.C. New Standards again. That makes 2 washes so far. One at six months and one just now at about 8.5 months. Take a look:

Deadstock:

apcnewstandard01.jpg

No Wash @ 4 Months:

APC4months01.jpg

Wash No. 1 @ 6 Months:

APCupdate01.jpg

Wash No. 2 @ 8.5 Months:

APCupdate8month2wash01.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash02.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash03.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash04.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash05.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash06.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash07.jpg

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on May 7, 2006 at 12:47 PM

gorgous apc i would say.

i was wondering what causes the jeans wear off near the bottom of the jeans, as in seen TragicBliss last pic with the shoes. it seems to occur to my jeans too.

and how did u get those honeycombs at the bottom of the jeans? is it the result of bunching of the the jeans?

Guest jeffvyain

tragic, you're always saying how you need to buy your jeans so tight to get those good wear marks, but looking at that first picture, those don't even look that tight on you. i suppose it's all relative, but when my apcs were new they looked quite a bit tighter than that.

very nice looking jeans by the way. i've only had mine for a month now, and i'm starting to get that urge to wash them (mainly due to those pictures of the canes from ryu)...pictures like that make me want to be a bit more patient though.

Guest jeffvyain

this may be considered trash to many of you, but here's my APCs at one month. Primarily documentation for myself... notice the rididulous knee bulge.

DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0181.jpg

DSCN0180.jpg

Quote: tragic, you're always saying how you need to buy your jeans so tight to get those good wear marks, but looking at that first picture, those don't even look that tight on you. i suppose it's all relative, but when my apcs were new they looked quite a bit tighter than that.

I know. I've learned my lesson. You should see the New Standards I just bought. I sized down even more, so they are pretty much rediculously tight. And I can pretty much say that once they stretch out, no amount of washing will bring them back to as tight as they were when I first put them on.

Quote: Info please on the washed you did at each interval? Did you starch them regularly? If so, how regularly is that? Which areas?

For each "wash" I really just soaked them for about an hour, in the hottest water that would come out of my faucet, with some Woolite black. Then rinsed them in water just as hot. Hung them up to dry inside out, upside down, outside. Does that make sense?

And I did starch the back of my knees once a week or so. Whenever I felt they were softening up back there, or whatever.

Thanks for the good words guys.

Edited by TragicBliss on May 7, 2006 at 09:58 PM

Edited by TragicBliss on May 7, 2006 at 10:00 PM

Guest jeffvyain

to be honest, they feel great. i love everything about them except the ridiculous knee bulge... i didn't want to wash after only a month, but i'm thinking about it more and more, mainly because of that, but also because i'm kinda scared they're going to crack and die if i don't get some water on a few of these creases

Tragic, after washing, did you do anything to stretch the length of your inseam back to how it was originally or anything? It looks like your creases are remaining consistent after multiple washes. I’m worried after the first/second wash shrink, the lines on my jeans are going to move. Any info would be appreciated since you seem to get such good results. Thanks.

Quote: Tragic, after washing, did you do anything to stretch the length of your inseam back to how it was originally or anything?

Well A.P.C.'s are sanforized so the shrinking in minimal. I never hemmed the jeans either so length was never a problem. To tell you the truth, I haven't really noticed any shrinking in the denim at all after the washes. The creases stay exactly where they were before.

Quote: TragicBliss... what'd you do to get rid of some of the water after the hot water rinse? I'm assuming you didn't wring the jeans, so how'd you get that water out (if you even did) before hang drying them?

I don't. I just walk them outside and hang them up and let them drip dry. It takes about 24 hours. I just leave them out there all day and through the night, into the next day.

Quote:
Quote: tragic, you're always saying how you need to buy your jeans so tight to get those good wear marks, but looking at that first picture, those don't even look that tight on you. i suppose it's all relative, but when my apcs were new they looked quite a bit tighter than that.

I know. I've learned my lesson. You should see the New Standards I just bought. I sized down even more, so they are pretty much rediculously tight. And I can pretty much say that once they stretch out, no amount of washing will bring them back to as tight as they were when I first put them on.

Quote: Info please on the washed you did at each interval? Did you starch them regularly? If so, how regularly is that? Which areas?

For each "wash" I really just soaked them for about an hour, in the hottest water that would come out of my faucet, with some Woolite black. Then rinsed them in water just as hot. Hung them up to dry inside out, upside down, outside. Does that make sense?

And I did starch the back of my knees once a week or so. Whenever I felt they were softening up back there, or whatever.

Thanks for the good words guys.

--- Original message by TragicBliss on May 7, 2006 09:56 PM

Hi what do u mean by you've learned your lesson? do you mean it was a mistake to buy them too small? My waist on measuring tape is about 30.5inches(i took it 3inches down from my belly button, hope its correct but seems abit low to me but not sure about it anyway) Im thinking of gettgin a size 29 APC new standards, is this the correct size i should be getting? thanks in advance

oh btw im around 174cm if it helps

Edited by xviralx on May 9, 2006 at 03:38 AM

heres my double rl after 2 1/2 weeks. wore em every day so far.

157330.jpg

lap:157331.jpg

157329.jpg

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days