The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

a pair of freshly tailored, hot soaked and tumble dried LVC '47:

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

poor chain stich :( i think i was crying when i was ripping the old chain stich apart.

verses old pair i have (~5 washes, almost a year old):

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

(damn it, should have used blue thread for the whole thing, oh well)

hey mate you like to taper your denims... chicken legs? ill call you the taper guy from now on..:eek:

LVC's look good. do you have any fit pics? i feel like if they were tight enough to blow the crotch you would have more defined combs. look great though, i love the color of LVC's after a few washes.

check my recent waywt, chat edition! the crotch blew cause of just wear and tear and skate boarding. combs arn't definded cause i washed all the startch out before i wore them. i wish they were more developed, but i refuse to starch my jeans that much to make em that way. and i always wash my jeans before wearing (most of the time).

hey mate you like to taper your denims... chicken legs? ill call you the taper guy from now on..:eek:

heh, far from! i have 23 in thighs! and do quite a bit of squating and olympic lifting. my legs are bigger than most peoples, i just have a sewing machine and it gets very itchy and makes me want to alter evertying i touch to get it to fit my body better.

xenu, i'd love to see how the train tracks develop on your tapered pairs. your tailor's done a good job, i think the tracks are going to be a bit unorthodox, but cool.

thanks, i will keep you updated. and yes, i do all the work myself! to bad i didn't have a chain stich machine :(

thanks for the comments.

yep NS, Theyre about 6.5 months in the pics, before first wash, try and notice the sweat that has crystalized on the jeans, nasty....no starch on these, there about 7 months now and after a wash..i hate the fact that they feel like a t-shirt now, feels like i wont get any more out of em...thanks for the comments guys, my S710s will have monthly pics, and ill do a gif of that, to get a better effect..

So this would have been in the craziest denim expirements thread, but it was cute short. The following .gif is 66 days of wear on my Skull 5010xx's. It would have been longer but I can't replicate the shots in my dorm room :(. Since it's the inital 66 days, there isn't any intense wear. The places to watch would be the patch, the hidden rivets area (kind of), and the bottom on the jeans (kind of). This is just the back side, the front didnt really show any changes.

asdfg.gif

ummm...why does he have to slim up? Because you said so?
wow that was one of the dumbest comments i've ever heard, but everyone has thier opion and yea they would have been better but they started to stink and i had to was them twice

you're both idiots, and i am too. dont worry, me and him already talked. you dont need to voice your disdain for my comment.

you're both idiots, and i am too. dont worry, me and him already talked. you dont need to voice your disdain for my comment.

youre telling the dude to slim down and im the idiot? if you post a comment in a forum i can and will voice my disdain if i dont agree with it.