The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

APC's are so easy to fade. It's time to move onto something a bit more challenging.

..and expensive. Aside from these APCs every once in a while, I haven't really been wearing "real" denim these days.

I'll pass on Dior. Might get a custom pair made at this place called Sydney's (Toronto heads know the deal).

Probably. Sydney just acquired some ill shit from Osaka.

In general when buying something $$, you shop around right? I'll take my time in finding something worthwhile. I'm not much of a denimhead, and Toronto doesn't have a lot to offer. Everything is also priced at a premium (APC new cures for 200+ at Nomad..you kidding me?).

Probably. Sydney just acquired some ill shit from Osaka.

In general when buying something $$, you shop around right? I'll take my time in finding something worthwhile. I'm not much of a denimhead, and Toronto doesn't have a lot to offer. Everything is also priced at a premium (APC new cures for 200+ at Nomad..you kidding me?).

True indeed..you need to order to get a fair price. Unless you're looking for Sugarcane...that's cheaper here.

..and expensive. Aside from these APCs every once in a while, I haven't really been wearing "real" denim these days.

I'll pass on Dior. Might get a custom pair made at this place called Sydney's (Toronto heads know the deal).

jim, the bad news looms for sydney. he might not be getting the sexyslubby salmon selvage. buuut he's going to nyc to see his indigo dealer this week, so we'll see. if anything the other starchy j-selvage is not a bad place to settle either.

APC NS: Beat to hell in about 5 months and 500 miles on the bike saddle. One wash at 3 months, one hand wash at 4 months... they're currently begging for another machine wash.

Both my pairs of APC NS's have crotch rips, the other pair are a lost cause, but this pair I managed to save with some black fabric and a horrible stitching job. I've seen some pretty tidy repair work on other people's jeans, any words of advice? Can any old dry-cleaner patch me up, or should I try to hunt down someone a little more specialized?

apcei4.jpg

it would cost about 4-5 bones to get a pair custom made by syd. isnt that how much a pair of japanese diors retail? i would rather get em custom. if you are ever in to. head to sydneys. he makes shirts pants and suits too. on top of the nice selection of ny and euro labels he carries.

I'm sure he makes beautiful jeans that fit perfectly..but for $500/ballpark, I'd be willing to throw in a bit extra for Jomons, or at least Sam AI's.

subarashii_kudamono, last time i checked sydney charged $300 for customs. shit i'm gonna have to call and see if he's in tommorow... i need to get my chainstich hem fixed.

yesterday went plastic swiping near bellwoods and bumped into him. he's leaving to nyc on weds to finalize the shipment of denim for this season. the price of his jeans vary depending on what fibers, stitching, rivets you use et al. :D