The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I bought them last July, got soaked in them a few times in the summer monsoons right after, first hand-wash with Dr. Bronners at 5 months or so. After that they got a machine wash every month with regular powder detergent, sometimes 2-3 weeks. Just turn em inside out, crumple em so they fold up where they do dry, and then throw them in a net lingerie bag.

There's this guy in Brighton who works on furniture outside of his shop most days... he has the most insane honeycombs on his work jeans, caked with sawdust and resin with blue denim peeking out of the troughs of the combs.

that sounds interesting.

you should stalk him and try to snap a pic haha.

Sugarcane 1947 (originally one-wash)

-Owned for a year, worn for maybe 6-7 months total (fairly gently)

-washed 5-6 times, first wash at 2.5-3 months. Hot wash and hang dry every time

-True color is closest in first pic

I'm pretty happy with where they are right now... because of work, I can't really wear them all that often (plus I now have a few jeans in my rotation, so wear has definitely slowed down) The depth of the color is truly a testament to the quality the SC is known for.

Though I'm glad that I have at least one "true" repro in my rotation, I've started to wear a little more modern stuff lately (another reason why wear has slowed down). However, I think these will still be a go-to jean for autumn, chores, and whenever I wanna rock the "Amerikaji" look made popular by the Japanese Magazine Free & Easy.

1393974imgac2.jpg

1393978imgmo1.jpg

1393977imgvt5.jpg

1393979imgax6.jpg

Warehouse Duckdigger 1920 (Originally Raw)

-Owned for 7-8 months, worn for maybe 3-4 months

-Washed 3 times, first time at 2 months. Hot Wash and High Heat Dry Cycle every time

-Hot soak, Hot wash, and Hot Dry when they were first purchased

I bought these two sizes larger (I normally take a 30, these are a 32) partially because they were out of my size at BiG, partially because I tried sizing down one in the DD1930 1-wash and found it too tight, and partially because I wanted something comfier and looser than my size 30 SC1947 (which I found a little tight right after washes)

The result is that I usually wear these as more of a streetwear jean (though I do dress them up vintage style from time to time) The indigo is very slow to fade and has more of a grayish-greenish cast than my SC's (which are a very true blue). These guys were super crispy and stiff at first and have since developed a nice soft hand (with a bunch of slubs for that extra tactile pleasure) The fading on these will probably not be as pronounced as my other jeans since these fit pretty loosely and they don't have too many creases, but I'm quite ok with that.

A lot of the pleasure in these jeans for me is the nostalgic styling combined with the surprisingly modern cut (i.e. lower rise, and moderate hip flair) From what I understand, these are the most modern cut of all the DD's. I have received a lot of compliments from random people on these (though not as much as my slim fit RRLs... I guess my stickly body is better suited to slim jeans, but whatevs) I think it will take me another good year or so to really realize the full potential of these guys.

At which point I will probably buy another pair. :)

1393986imgva5.jpg

1393983imgob7.jpg

1393991imgpp3.jpg

1393984imggp0.jpg

i know this goes against the show only jeans that are trashed, but i'm adding it anyways because i don't see pics of prps too much and am personally tired of seeing samurai's and apc's now.

3 months or so of wear, probably a bit less cuz of the samurai competition. not too much going on, but you can start to see some fading. one hot soak. which turned my patch very dark. might do the cool route from here on out. picked up at deep sleep in philly over memorial day. everyone should add them to your picks of stores to check out. they're great people and are getting a ton of great stuff for the fall.

1107366722_6e69abcfa6.jpg

1107357788_60f1284caf_b.jpg

Flat Head 3001 size 29 x 36

Seven months; 2 cold soaks, 2 hot soaks, 1 hot wash

Click to enlarge!

evo_08_2007_thumb.jpg

Bonus shot + bonus stupid leaned on a wall with sharp objects while drunk... (but all fixed now...)

yr2pt2

2dkegl