The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I don't care how they look, sandpapered, sandblasted, whatever. I just said these WERE raw, and everybody here states they aren't. They look like shit, like I said before and also said I just posted them just to document them.

If they were prewash, I would have known and certainly wouldn't argue about it.

But well, I rest my case. Don't want to fuck up this thread with an endless discussion on the state these jeans started in.

Oh and thanks all for the neg. rep.

These are my Acne Mod Raw bought in the end of november 2006. Used pretty actively till the end of 2007 and again in 2010, but they are bit too too tight for my taste now. Washed few times. In 2008 I got pretty bored on Raw denim and that period lasted till 2009/beginning of 2010 and my raw jeans mostly just was kept in my closet at that time. Have had my first pairs In 2004, but there really is no documentation of them anymore which is a bit pity. Anyway here's the photos:

281120061077.jpg

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

I don't care how they look, sandpapered, sandblasted, whatever. I just said these WERE raw, and everybody here states they aren't. They look like shit, like I said before and also said I just posted them just to document them.

If they were prewash, I would have known and certainly wouldn't argue about it.

But well, I rest my case. Don't want to fuck up this thread with an endless discussion on the state these jeans started in.

Oh and thanks all for the neg. rep.

Regardless of whether they look like shit. I love the idea of having the cinch have buttons for adjusting. May look a little wonky, but there is little done these days in the form of ingenuity when it comes to blue jeans. I also like the shape of the pockets. I think if they eliminated much of the abstract details they would be some really cool looking jeans especially after being worn to hell.

I would try to pos rep you for the chumps that negged you, but I must spread.

haha- Sorry, but can I hire the old spice guy to explain to M1stral why those weren't/arent faded from regular wear?

"Look at your jeans, now look at mine, back to your jeans, back to mine- your jeans don't belong in this thread, but they could, if they had legitimate fades, but they don't. I'm on a horse.'

haha- Sorry, but can I hire the old spice guy to explain to M1stral why those weren't/arent faded from regular wear?

"Look at your jeans, now look at mine, back to your jeans, back to mine- your jeans don't belong in this thread, but they could, if they had legitimate fades, but they don't. I'm on a horse.'

269_crazy_black_kid_surprise_birthday3.gif

Sorry chubby, but what makes fades legitimate?

If you would just take a look at this link:

http://www.xileclothing.com/product/Blue_Blood_Jeans_BLUE_BLOOD__TARGET_DENIM_3794_1960_0_0_0.html

The jeans looked like that when they were new. I'm not waiting to get bashed from the day I posted them untill I die, but if we're talking about legtimate fades then and you insinuating that my pair wasn't faded by regular wear, what is it then? Did they become like that, with a snap of my fingers?

I'm not saying or interpretating that I know everthing, but when the moment arrives for me to learn something, I likely want to be educated. So please enlighten me, what is legitimate?

[And yes, I know this pair of BB doesn't have defined whiskers and combs, and hell, maybe they look sandpapered... But why would I deny it if it's so obvious? Other then seriously not haven sandpapered these jeans and really have worn them for long time]

No hate by the way.

just saying, your pair has pocket selvedge, those do not. if they arent pre distressed, theyre odd fades that look like rocawear pre fades.

those acnes, although very 2d, look better than APC at what i assume is a similar price point.

Well, so they have got pocket selvage. So many jeans have pocket selvage. And yes, I know pocket selvage isn't high on the list here. But that doesn't make them a predistressed pair, just saying...

And considering the fades. True, they can't compete with about every other jean that is posted in this thread. But I have said that multiple times allready (not in the same words though).

But I'm still waiting for an answer considering what's legitimate wear and what not?

[btw: BlueBlood had numerous incarnations considering the Target cut, probably the reason my has pocket selvage and the pair in the link doesn't. They've had different colors, and stitching too... And prewashes ;)]

fades at conform to the wears body shape, according to fit of jeans and size of body (of course). high traffic areas like the thighs, knees (back and front) etc, have wear marks that are in a curved line shape.

Outseam (Selvage on inner side faded trough)

2w6760l.jpg

Pocket with some damaged thread

ma9ncg.jpg

Full shot of the jeans

2ltj6kh.jpg

Shot of the back

vso0i8.jpg

Shot of left backpocket

fa23gn.jpg

Shot of cinch

dsc02310e.jpg

dsc02313y.jpg

350v56w.jpg

Shot of front

11wade1.jpg

Shot of hems/roping

2eanywz.jpg

fades at conform to the wears body shape, according to fit of jeans and size of body (of course). high traffic areas like the thighs, knees (back and front) etc, have wear marks that are in a curved line shape.

I will end this discussion in an instant, since we all got better things to do... Like looking at good evo's.

I know for instance, that tight fitting jeans have a somewhat like horizontal line pattern considering the honeycombs and some looser fit have combs somewhat like the inside of a beehive (sorry english isn't my first language].

Wouldn't you think that if the jeans are big enough, in this case a bit too big that denim creases irregurarly, thus creating a irregular wear pattern?

Hence the odd whiskering and combing. I won't go making more fuzz about it, let's just all get along and be nice to eachother.

[btw, if someone wishes too bust this theory, be my guest. But do it in a normal way. I'm not calling names to anyone, so I wish to be treated in the same way.]

And sorry, for cluttering up this thread. Wasn't meaning to, I just wanted to share something. Something you can or can't like, but it wasn't my intention to get this far into it. Like I said at first, it was only for the sake of documentation.

that was a joke, there is a little debate going on, just read it.

those acnes, although very 2d, look better than APC at what i assume is a similar price point.

At that point they did and those were still made in Italy(no idea about the origin of denim). Nowadays Acnes prices have got higher as the brand has got bigger and imo quality has lowered. Just wanted to show that it is (or at least it was) possible to get some fadings also on those with time. :)

I will end this discussion in an instant, since we all got better things to do... Like looking at good evo's.

I know for instance, that tight fitting jeans have a somewhat like horizontal line pattern considering the honeycombs and some looser fit have combs somewhat like the inside of a beehive (sorry english isn't my first language].

Wouldn't you think that if the jeans are big enough, in this case a bit too big that denim creases irregurarly, thus creating a irregular wear pattern?

Hence the odd whiskering and combing. I won't go making more fuzz about it, let's just all get along and be nice to eachother.

[btw, if someone wishes too bust this theory, be my guest. But do it in a normal way. I'm not calling names to anyone, so I wish to be treated in the same way.]

And sorry, for cluttering up this thread. Wasn't meaning to, I just wanted to share something. Something you can or can't like, but it wasn't my intention to get this far into it. Like I said at first, it was only for the sake of documentation.

how bout a fit pic?

Nee, dat is Nederlands of niet? ;)

Anyway, you already found your explanation. if they fit baggy you won't get fades/combs like that. simple. those fades really don't look natural but yeah maybe you should post some fitpics..

Nee, dat is Nederlands of niet? ;)

Anyway, you already found your explanation. if they fit baggy you won't get fades/combs like that. simple. those fades really don't look natural but yeah maybe you should post some fitpics..

Inderdaad, haha.

Anyway, will post some fitpics if I have the time. But I'm really done discussing them, haha. I've learned my lesson ;)