The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

hey, forgot to ask you in the other thread, but did your zippers give you any problems post soak? Do they zip all the way

they zip up fine. dont play with the lock though it wears down and doesnt lock as well. i find my button unzipped sometimes but idc i leave my junk out

Here they are a day after their 7th wash. The pics were taken during the afternoon in the shade. They are lying flat without any creases set. Sadly, they've shrunk up a bit too much in the waist to be comfortable anymore:(

I'll wear em on days when I feel skinny.

Thanks to pruple for taking the pics for me

3479156564_e456095f39_o.jpg

3479157698_2840fefc38_o.jpg

3478348547_ebc83c3d4f_o.jpg

3479158896_8078dfbac3_o.jpg

3479159542_f24bae0f36_o.jpg

Pretty ghetto back pocket repair. The Redmoon was chewing it's way through the back pocket and I didn't want the silver concho on the wallet to get gashed up...but didn't have any spare denim so found this material lying around and decided I had to use it

3479158274_448a874591_o.jpg

The copper button corroded and rubbed off on the denim, leaving a mark above and below the button hole that's the same color as the statue of liberty

3478347427_86f2d870e0_o.jpg

And for fun, here they are when I first got them/soaked them in Japan, I was so amused that they could stand on their own. I showed the family I was staying with and they couldn't believe it, haha, they took more pictures than I did

3478406043_dee404c7dd_b.jpg

Not sure if any of you remember, but CJsmalls and I had sort of a mini contest going on, except it was cross brands, just for fun.

Anyways it officially ended today. It started on the 27th of April 2008. Both pairs got about the same amount of wear, given that we both share similar mellow lifestyles. Also just about the same amount of washes, just with different intervals.

Sams 0500 vs SExFH05 (1 year of ownership, 7/8 washes each)

3474830815_367c8ae8d1.jpg?v=0

3475643056_05d48058cc.jpg?v=0

As some of you have already figured out... Weird hybrid pics, half sam half FH mindfck.

3475642868_4ab7f43946.jpg?v=0

3475642036_6cda6d63b0.jpg?v=0

Wish I could plus rep both of you guys again, great work! Really surprised at how similar they came out...and jealous that I don't have any friends who'd be willing to go through the same process. Ah well, I guess I have the SExDBxS09 haha

haha thanks aho, yeah i have to say it was pruple who showed me what was up in the whole raw denim world about 2 years ago. I did get some evisu's back in 2005 for their quality and painted gulls but didn't know about the whole fading aspect at the time.

but yeah, none of the others in our circle of friends are down for not washing their jeans lol

ps, thanks for all the nice comments from everyone about both of our jeans throughout the year

Nah, my first few washes were warm, while CJ washed in hot throughout. We also didn't wash the same time, just the same total of washes. If I remember correctly, he washed 1-2 times before I did.

It's a bit confusing but the FHs are on the left the first two pics. Then on the hybrid pics they're on the right.

Is there anything I can do to make sure all the creases form back where the whiskering fades are in my nudies? I just washed them and all of the creases are gone, so I'm starting fresh and i'm afraid they won't go back to the way they were and the jeans will start to fade weird.