The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

seriously, these or the buckleback jins are the only samurai's i'd buy again. cmon people, rep this shit, it's nice to see some non-regular shit on here

There's an older buckle back? I know there's a one this season (yellow jin arcs with a cinch). Speaking of which I gotta post mine up soon.

those jins sure are pretty.+ repped yesterday.

look on the 45rpm thread(pg. 115) and feast... 5 year sorahikos? i almost died!

save people the trouble

Akane is a women's version of Sorahiko. I have been wearing this pair of denim for about two years. When I bought them, they were really dark and felt a lot heavier. I wasn't used to this heavier weight denim, but I decided to give it a try since I had never distressed my own denim before. Ever since, I have washed them about 4 times. It took at least a year for the whiskers to start showing. But after that, it all happened very quickly. I finally feel really comfortable wearing this denim now that it's soft and worn out. My next goal for this pair is to distress a little more. It took me two years to make this pair look like this, so I will give it a few more years to achieve my next goal.

Asaka Midorikawa

asaka_1.jpg

asaka_2.jpg

asaka_3.jpg

asaka_4.jpg

This was passed on to me from my husband who used to wear this pair. He started wearing this pair 5 years ago and wore it for a few years. It has been washed 5 times. He wore it almost every day. It has also been repaired many times, and I'm sure it will continue to require more repair. But this will add more character to this pair, for sure.

Asaka Midorikawa

glenn_1.jpg

glenn_2.jpg

glenn_3.jpg

glenn_4.jpg

These started out as raw pair of Sorahiko Slim and through a happy accident they shrank to fit me perfectly. These were my second pair of 45rpm jeans and I have been wearing them pretty steadily for about two years. I wash them whenever I feel like they are dirty, which is probably not often enough! I always wash them inside out. I feel like the most organic way to get a pair of jeans to wear in nicely is just to treat them like a regular pair of work denim. The more fancy techniques and tricks you use to get them to look a certain way, the less they look like a work of art.

Christian Dion

xn_1.JPG

xn_2.jpg

xn_3.jpg

xn_4.jpg

I have had this pair for three years and wore them almost every day. I have only washed them three times. The fabric becomes softer and softer with each wear. It has been repaired so many times...It doesn't fade like the other denim I have because it's dyed with natural Ai. It is definitely one of my favorite pairs of denim.

Logan Lin

jomon_1.jpg

jomon_2.jpg

jomon3.jpg

jomon4.jpg

Took pictures of my skulls today. natural sunlight no flash!

p1000937ub6.jpg

p1000939rs4.jpg

p1000941hd4.jpg

these are very nice. how any washes and soaks(hot or cold) did you give it?

s710xx at 11 months. they´re a lot lighter irl. will get proper sunlight images at one year. (no chance for sun these days...)

they had a bunch of washes and 9 month of almost everyday wear. i´ve been rotating with 811s since nov.

11mobetterMedium.jpg

11mobetter1Medium.jpg

11mo3Medium.jpg

i always added salt when washing. guess that´s why the buttons show so much rust.

11moMedium.jpg

s710xx at 11 months. they´re a lot lighter irl. will get proper sunlight images at one year. (no chance for sun these days...)

they had a bunch of washes and 9 month of almost everyday wear. i´ve been rotating with 811s since nov.

11mo1Medium.jpg

11mo2Medium.jpg

11mo3Medium.jpg

i always added salt when washing. guess that´s why the buttons show so much rust.

11moMedium.jpg

NICE!! is that a carribeaner in the left butt pocket?

This is one of my first pair of Japanese denim that I picked up years back when Self Edge first opened, but started to really wear them like 4 times a week over the past 4-5 months. Iron Heart 634S. Yes, they were cut a lot shorter than I would like, but definately not flood status!

350421055.jpg

350421126.jpg

350421156.jpg

damn, i cant rep igit anymore. big ups to chan for posting the stories of the 45rpms. somehow i think the jomons dont fade due to dye penetration, not type-of-dye. i might be wrong. wont be the first time. nothing like a good slow fade...