The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Here are my LVC 47s thus far. When I first got them, I wore them in a warm bath for probably like an hour to hopefully get the shrinking out of the way, then continued to wear them as they dried. Since then (about two months) I've been wearing them most days while rotating with my New Standards occasionally.

Early on I starched pretty heavily to help set the creases, but have since stopped as it no longer seems necessary. Also, I do a lot of bike riding, which I think helps the breaking in process a lot.

P5200012.jpg

P5200011.jpg

P5200007.jpg

The fading blue color on those jeans is fantastic.

Just thought I would add a little. Here are my canes. I don't exactly remember how long I've been wearing them (close to seven or eight months). I haven't been wearing them much lately. The have been washed almost once a month.

my.php?image=scfrontback0xm.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4346/scfrontback0xm.jpg

my.php?image=sclapfrontback5vw.jpg

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/8967/sclapfrontback5vw.jpg

A little collage of the rest of the jeans

sccollage0rt.jpg

Edited by rnrswitch on May 21, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Quote: They're coming along really nicely. btw that belt is a beauty, any ideas where I can pick up something similar?

There was a local leather shop where I used to live I had him make it. You can pretty much have a belt similarly made by other leather smiths. It is made of harness leather.

DDML those RRDS are lookin good. I am thinking of washing mine. I have had them for about 5-6 months.

thanks a lot, fellas. saw that question coming, minya. they got super muddy yesterday when i helped plant 150 trees in my hood. otherwise, skateboarding, biking, lots of hiking, gardening, roadie-type work, moving furniture, housework, sleeping in the jeans (sometimes on a hardwood floor----once went an entire 4-day weekend without taking them off whilst on vacation), playing acoustic guitar (on my lap), i washed my car in them once, i dunno, long walks on the beach, that sort of thing----will scan my diary and repost. luckily, i can wear jeans at work, so these guys were worn about 18 hours a day...

the thing about it, i was getting totally bored with these jeans. now that i washed them, they fit perfectly----no cuff, no belt. in love again...

i'd like to thank god, the akademy, and mah mahms...

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

DDML... You must never post again... change your screen name... you have 666 posts. Too cool.

Oh and here are my Jean Shops that just entered the rotation a couple weeks back. These are some mean jeans.

jeanshop6sl.jpg

The blue is so damn dark. It is a nice blackish blue.

Miz, I think it is due to the creases at the bottom of the leg where I cuff the jeans. The bottom part of the leg is flat and the mid calf to thigh is wrinkled a bit, giving the perception of a wider leg opening. They are completely straight legged.

They have a 9 inch rise. The fit on the jeans is great. I bought them ultra snug and really haven't noticed any stretching (minimal if that). They are truly beautiful jeans. I was planning on not buying jeans for about 6-7 months, but once I saw those and tried them on. I had to get them.

Guest jeffvyain

i always wonder why some people get that sort of stacked look at the back of the knees as opposed to the more honeycomb criss-cross type of look that we all know so well. it seems to be most prevalent with nudies. is this because of the thickness of the denim? because they have stretch? what's the deal?