The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Serge, did you size down on those Jean Shop's?

Never a big fan of the orange stitching, but they fade beautifully. Well done.

I wish there was more bright orange stitching, it reminds me of the 40's and older levis which have this great copper color after they fade. I have the worst story about these jeans. I had to sen them back 3 times and it took 5 months for me to get them, With all the return shipping they cost me about $300. Their sizing is so fucked up and they wont admit it. I tried to have them measure them over the phone before sending them. They were adamant that the 32 (which measured 37") measures 32! I ended up getting size 29. I wanted rockers but ended up with classics. Oh well, they are good work jeans, really expensive work jeans. I could have bought 2 pair of my favorite jeans (red moon 201) for the cost of them ( not including the the flight to Japan!)

I wish there was more bright orange stitching, it reminds me of the 40's and older levis which have this great copper color after they fade. I have the worst story about these jeans. I had to sen them back 3 times and it took 5 months for me to get them, With all the return shipping they cost me about $300. Their sizing is so fucked up and they wont admit it. I tried to have them measure them over the phone before sending them. They were adamant that the 32 (which measured 37") measures 32! I ended up getting size 29. I wanted rockers but ended up with classics. Oh well, they are good work jeans, really expensive work jeans. I could have bought 2 pair of my favorite jeans (red moon 201) for the cost of them ( not including the the flight to Japan!)

I had pretty much the same problem with sizing. Their sizing is such bullshit. I got a pair of 27s in the rocker and my normal size is a 31 in jeans. I love the orange highlights on these jeans. The pockets, selvage, stitching. Really an underrated pair of jeans. I do wish the denim was just a bit thicker. i also didn't have the option of getting the jeans dry, rather than rinsed. I bought mine in Santa Barbara and was able to try them on. These are definitely not a pair of jeans to order online.

I noticed the same thing a few months ago, found a lightly worn pair at a thrift store in 32 (my size) but when I tried them on they ended up being huge. Really nice jeans though, yours turned out very well.

Can we have more pics (of the worn one of course) ? It looks really nice, I didn't know diors could give that kind of fade. It gives me hope for mine.

gatsby: If he had worn the pair on the left 5 month, they wouldn't look that new !

21cm indigo unwashed on left that im selling

19cm indigo (1 wash 1 soak) on right

5-ish months of total wear - will wash at christmas (as a present to myself) and take more pics then

feijdzlk9.jpg

u don't sag your jeans do you?

i can never get that kind of whiskering on my jeans :(

wow--

nice work, everyone...

Serge- my brother has a pair of Jean Shop indigo & also black. He's pumped on breaking them in...

I was thinking of getting a pair, but blew my load on a pair of DH Indigo's.

I have a pr of DH Black that I will post some pics of when I get home. worn for about ten months straight...literally...