The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

^havent been paying attention to it but ^that guy shouldve, those warehouses are plain beautiful

Oni Blue's that I wore to work for four months and then casually on and off in 2008. The standard Oni denim holds its indigo very well.

nice, take good care of these, the guy that did oni's is now retired

dudes whiskers look like combs, and his combs are straight outta ''the Bee movie'' +fucking rep!!!

oh yeah, when we post here, can we just make it a rule to mention the wear/washes? i smoke too much, and i cant keep everybodys info in my mental rolodex...

Thanks for the compliments guys, I shall continue wearing these. It is a shame that nothing has really come out of the contest thus far, but then again, it was really awesome to see everyone else's pair posted in the final thread.

An afterthought to salaami's request: 2 hot initial soaks, 3 hot soaks, and 4 hot washes with Dr. Bronners. Washed/soaked when necessary.

It was wash-day at the Paul T household a couple weeks ago.

Here's how they started out. All LVC, clockwise from bottom left 1920s 201, 1947 501 and 1955 501.

201trionew.jpg

Now prewash, around six months wear on each. The 201 had longer, they need a lot of wear.

201trioprewash.jpg

And finally after a wash at 30 degrees. The first time I used Dr Bonners, it's milder than what I normally use... not particularly better, and I smelt a bit lavenderish when putting on the 47s again, a bit like Prince I guess...

201triowashed-1.jpg

Conclusions: the 55 look a lot nicer than the 47 - these are late 2006, my previous 47s looked a bit more like the 55s in colour, it shows some of the sample variation you get in the Cone fabric. Which was always the case with Levi's I guess. I'll add more updates on the LVC and 201 threads.

from the 45rpm website

I bought this pair in Summer 2006. My first pair of skinny denim from 45rpm.

The fabric is the same as Nando Sorahiko. I have washed this pair many times to

see how it fades as it is also my first pair that's woven with dark threads on both the warp and the weft. It's interesting that you can see the wear from the inside, too.

Asaka Midorikawa

BC4000-Slim-front.jpg

BC4000-Slim-back.jpg

BC4000-Slim-detail-1-Asaka-Midorikawa.jpg

BC4000-Slim-detail-2-Asaka-Midorikawa.jpg

This is my first pair of 45rpm denim. My girlfriend picked them out for me. I have had them for 3 years and I have worn them continuously. I have washed them probably less than 15 times. I always wash inside out in cold water. After many rips and tears I am finally letting go of them long enough to be repaired. I bought my first pair of Jomon a few days ago.

Anonymous

Sorahiko-OW-front-Anonymous.jpg

Sorahiko-OW-back-Anonymous.jpg

Sorahiko-OW-detail-1-Anonymous.jpg

Sorahiko-OW-detail-2-Anonymous.jpg