japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

been to tokyo twice, but never have been in winter. prob going again in dec/jan - how cold does it realistically get? like 5C?

I've been in December and January, and while it was probably colder in January it really wasn't too unbearable and I'm originally from Southern California so I'm a huge pussy when it comes to winter climates. I was pretty much fine with thermals + shirt + coat, and of course scarf + gloves

The only places it was unbearably cold was anytime I was near the coast, but unless you're going to Odaiba or Tokyo Disney and isht like that you'll be fine.

yokohama too.

almost froze to death @ yamashita-koen / osanbashi back in december.

December and January are pretty warm. February gets pretty cold.

not looking for someone to put together a travel itinerary for me, but i'm going to be staying in shinjuku, tokyo for a week during the summer. anyone have some good places to eat/shop nearby? just curious for whatever you know about, fine dining and shopping, your favorite thrift store, or a cheap bar and grill where every employee knows your name. i don't care as long as it's interesting.

man....i really wanted to see the phenomenon show but couldn't get tickets this year. Looks like they toned it down a "bit" which is still saying a lot given out epic the last A/W collection was. Still wish they did more experimentation w/ fabrics aka S/S 2010-11 which was ridiculous.

Man, the whole MA1 Flight jacket trend next fall is gonna blow up. Have been seeing so many interpretations from different labels.

This one from Phenomenon w/ duffle coat toggles is so epic as well.

phenom-057.jpg

i'm really digging phenomenon this season b/c it looks really wearable

last season was awesome but the only thing i could see myself wearing was the mountain parkas with contrast pockets (the red one with white pockets :blink: )

i'm really digging phenomenon this season b/c it looks really wearable

last season was awesome but the only thing i could see myself wearing was the mountain parkas with contrast pockets (the red one with white pockets :blink: )

Agree w/ you on the wearability aspect outside of Japland. It's amazing seeing guys rock full-on Phenomenon in Tokyo.

The contrast parkas are fucking sick.

illjkt_307_red.jpg

But I think a lot of the S/S collection is wearable if you style it correctly.

This peak-a-boo lined trench.

illjkt_302_beige.jpg

And the elongated blazer.

illjkt_301_navy_1.jpg

This training jumper.

illjkt_308_navy_1.jpg

This hoodie.

illlsh_131_navy.jpg

Different group. Currently they own Jumanji55 and Greenland. Prior clubs they owned included a spot called Copacabana which was apparently a while back. NP is supposed to be more upscale than the other two clubs and the owner was telling me about huge multi touch screens in all the VIP rooms. Will see it for the first time on Friday :) You around town?

Posted · Hidden by Enaml, March 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Enaml, March 30, 2012 - No reason given

I might try and make it out with a friend. Got no plans tmrw night thus far.

Need help.

There are no Converse flagship stores in Japan, right?

I know their site doesn't list any and i've never seen one but it just seems so hard to believe that they don't have one in Japan considering every other footwear store is 25% Converse (or Con knockoffs).

Next question.. if there isn't a flagship, what store in Tokyo do you think has the deepest selection?

yeah needless to say, ABC Mart. Whatever they have online in the e-shop they have in the stores except for this random pseudo-Italian goodyear welt brand (I think they're even running order made) of $450 dress shoes at the ABC Ginza.