japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Btw Herp, I'm having a champagne party at my place on the 28th. Some of the people you met at the 二子新地 and the BBQ from last year will be there. Ur free to come w/ your friends if you're in town.

Btw Herp, I'm having a champagne party at my place on the 28th. Some of the people you met at the 二子新地 and the BBQ from last year will be there. Ur free to come w/ your friends if you're in town.

i'll def be there. too bad none of my buddies speaks engrish.

It's somewhat old news considering its the third consecutive year Tokyo has claimed the "title". It's highly unlikely that Paris could leap-frog Tokyo in such a small span of time given the the sheer difference in size and population between the two cities.

Anybody have recommendations of art dealers in Tokyo?

Not screen prints of artist pieces but real works.

I've already scheduled a meeting with Gallery Closet in Nishi-Azabu but their curated collection is quite limited in style/scope.

I'm looking for something along the lines of James Narse for example:

artwork_images_618_309950_james-nares.jpg

I'm definitely not qualified to make any recommendations about art, but I know that Tomio Koyama has been big on the Tokyo scene for a while,

http://www.tomiokoyamagallery.com/en/

Same with Shugo Satani, http://www.shugoarts.com/en/index.html

Then there is the KaiKai Kiki Co, http://english.kaikaikiki.co.jp/ if you're into Murakami and his stable of kawaii kartoon type kids.

(I always thought some of Aoshima Chiho's stuff was kind of rad,

aos02l.jpg

although probably not to put in my living room, or house...actually maybe just as desktop background for a week)

Also, I don't exactly know if the Kaikai company actually deals in sales directly--I thought they had a gallery near moto-azabu, but I can't find any information on it anymore.

Wish I could rep.

Didn't know about the first two Galleries.

Definitely will give them a look.

Although they don't seem like the type that deal in the selling of art but rather the exhibition.

I guess I need some kind of broker/agent?

I have no idea how the art world works...

^ leaving in 7 days :D

Could anybody please recommend me another place besides Sushi Dai (Daiwa Sushi) in Tsukiji Fish Market? Every single blog/review says to go to this specific place, but it's gonna be a bit of a hassle with the size of our group + limited time in Tokyo ...

Could anybody please recommend me another place besides Sushi Dai (Daiwa Sushi) in Tsukiji Fish Market? Every single blog/review says to go to this specific place, but it's gonna be a bit of a hassle with the size of our group + limited time in Tokyo ...

sushi at the fish market

isnt that for tourists?

ive only eaten there once. its okay

Those are two different places, Sushi Dai is actually next to Daiwa Sushi. Try Sushi Zanmai (10-8, Tsukiji 4-Chome, Chuo-ku, look out for the big tuna on the signage). They are currently offering a discount deal on a toro set (o-toro, chu-toro, akami, seared toro & a hand roll). Cheaper, not as many tourists, and you won't be hurried out of the place.

what is this venom store? i feel like i recognize it enough to actually have been there but I can't recall... record is great though.

That picture is deceiving. You gotta veer to the right, and walk down a stairwell. I forget what the other place is, but I dont think you or anyone here would really care.

@ Herp, U go to BFF? How was it?

That picture is deceiving. You gotta veer to the right, and walk down a stairwell. I forget what the other place is, but I dont think you or anyone here would really care.

@ Herp, U go to BFF? How was it?

the store to the left is john lawrence sullivan.

went to bff。met some fixed gear celebs eg. hakushaku

got a tee from loop magazine.

the films werent that great.

Yeah, I don't think I've been theren (inside the store) but if it's in nakame I've probably passed it lots of times, which would be why I recognize it.

the store to the left is john lawrence sullivan.

went to bff。met some fixed gear celebs eg. hakushaku

got a tee from loop magazine.

the films werent that great.

Shit, yeah I was thinking that was a different store for some reason, but IRCC there are ppl on here that like JLS stuff.

I went to BFF the last 2 years in a row, and its like the same shit every year, but they couldn't top the MASH premiere. Anyway, Ill PM u about possibly riding/hitting up some stores later. Haven't been to Punch in a long ass time and Jan moved to Ueno...