yes or no? / this or that?

chris

I say no, not solely because I dont like the look of patent leather

The patent leather is very very stiff, and takes forever to break in. They are very uncomfortable to wear. I would bet that your love of them will wear off within the first few weeks IMO

couple of things, first some Geller stuff

pqzVQ.jpg

Love the cut and fit, and I think I love the colour, but I'm worried about whether or not it's something I'll actually wear. Anyone know how purple they look in person?

MPZlu.jpg

I like this more than I should.

YxueK.jpg

On the fence about this one. Might be good for winter in kind of a half-formal look since it's cut nice but 20% wool.

6AFXN.jpg

Dr Denim chinos. Basically I need black pants for when I'm working my security gig and decide to grab a beer after and don't want to look frumptastic. Also considering a pair in khaki just to have a pair of khakis that aren't super skinny (only other khakis i have are real, real slim)

^

get the Geller pants they are amazing and girls will stop on the street and try to go home with you. Fact.

I hate the Seventeen shirt, I'm bored by the font and hate the way it fades in/ out.

I'm meh on the wool button up if it fits your personal style and what your doing this season it could be an amazing wardrobe staple but if not its going to be that weird shirt you try on every now and again but never actually leave the house in.

Get the black chinos, they are not amazeballs but you have a legit need for them.

couple of things, first some Geller stuff

pqzVQ.jpg

Love the cut and fit, and I think I love the colour, but I'm worried about whether or not it's something I'll actually wear. Anyone know how purple they look in person?

I am wearing slim purple pants right now. So much fun you should try it. Also only thing from your four I agree with since the chino's are a necessity.

i dont know if its the sepia in the picture but that colour looks awesome on tthe varsity. cant go wrong for 85 as im sure if it doesnt work out you can flip it for at least that

i wouldnt pay 40 for those shoes i dont think, unless they were alden or allen edmonds and in great shape

^ nice username, haha.

yeah, i'm on the broke college student budget, so a TOJ is out of my range. this fits awesome, but it's rather tight (isn't it supposed to be?).

anyhow, i just needed a second opinion on the shoes. no go, it is.

PS - the fitting room had like 10 light bulbs of various colors. i was in a rush to take pics because the store was closing.

didnt even notice the username. weird haha

anyway if its similar to the pics i like it. as long as it doesnt restrict movement much its probably fine.

those vintage finds are not all that great

you can easily find similar condition 'de long' jackets on ebay, as this was/is a pretty common varsity jacket manufacturer.

the ribbing on the varsity looks pretty bad condition-wise.

i would save up some money to buy a new jacket

the longwings are old and kinda gross

they don't have a nice vintage patina to warrant a justified purchase

furthermore, buying used shoes is usually a bad idea

the crease and folds look off, and

the insole will be uncomfortable because it has been broken in by someone else